Look a me, look at me.
Don't divert shyly.
A simple look
can penetrate the soul.
If only I didn't look so dull!
We're different in every way.
Should we let the pieces
fall where they may?
The string is being cut shorter;
We are running out of time
I don't think I ever amused you-
It was only my imagination.
Our worlds will never intertwine.
Unintelligible Susurration's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Imagination by Unintelligible Susurration )
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(30 December 1865 – 18 January 1936)
Ralph Waldo Emerson
(1803 - 1882)
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- As I Grew Older, Langston Hughes
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Mother to Son, Langston Hughes
- I, Too, Langston Hughes
- Suicide's Note, Langston Hughes
- Let America be America Again, Langston Hughes
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- I Dream A World, Langston Hughes
Poem of the Day
- Balance Your Soul, Lyn Paul
- A Happy and Sad Haiku, Merton Lee
- Plum blossoms, Wenjun Liu
- PH: Echo: Being At Choice, Brian Johnston
- I walked through your woods, Wenjun Liu
- Stray Reflection, Sunny Chopra
- Tagore Song (#13) When He comes to beg me, Tushar Ray
- Selfish, Naomi Mith
- Tagorer Song (#12) My Invisible Flute, Tushar Ray
- Tagore Song (#11) Who is this piano pla.., Tushar Ray