If Friends Were Foes
If friends were foes
And foes were friends
Would my foes' foes
Be my foes?
Would I be careful
Of my closest friends?
Would they be the most feared foes?
Would the foe with a knife behind me
Be my guardian
And a friend?
If friends are friends
And foes are foes
What are you?
Abdulrasheed Dawodu's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (If Friends Were Foes by Abdulrasheed Dawodu )
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Footsteps of Angels, Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And Weep, Mary Elizabeth Frye
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- Heather Burns
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)