A Perfect Night
A walk through the night
Before it gives birth to her own day
Just the night
Just me in the night
And few stars adorning her in her darkness.
My thoughts run far and wide
Shall I live alone in this lonely night?
My heart craves for a company.
And in the night I see light.
A full moon.
With a beautiful shining face in the darkness.
How shall I describe thee? .
One of a kind.
Seen once in a blue moon.
A knight in the night.
Even birds serenade thee.
Exalted is your smile.
That lights up a weary mind.
I'm never alone again in the night.
Is this how it feels to be in d-light?
A night every day wants to be her.
A perfect night.
Abdulrasheed Dawodu's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Perfect Night by Abdulrasheed Dawodu )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- A Red, Red Rose, Robert Burns
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- To A Mouse, Robert Burns
- Address To A Haggis, Robert Burns
- A Winter Night, Robert Burns
- A Fond Kiss, Robert Burns
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
Poem of the Day
- Tears of fears, Nicola Kelly
- Lady Luck, Nicola Kelly
- Nicky wasn't particularly picky, Nicola Kelly
- An ignoramus when it came to poetry, Nicola Kelly
- Where's my mini me, Nicola Kelly
- Xmas star, Nicola Kelly
- There was a woman from Hull, Nicola Kelly
- How far the Footsteps of Spring, Luo Zhihai
- Lee-loo the Panda, Nicola Kelly
- I have a cat named Felix, Nicola Kelly