On my arrival I yearned for a hero who would take me in his arms and say 'princess welcome.
In my childhood I yearned for a hero who would hide me behind his back whenever mom would chase me and say 'princess you are safe with me.'
In teenage I yearned for a hero who I will count on whenever I will fail to chose between right and wrong and say 'princess this is right'
I yearned and I am still yearning for a hero but that yearning never seems to subside.
My hero just seems to be complete in my thoughts and dreams, in real life my hero just left with the mark of 'never had the chance'
My hero, My Dad
My yearning leads to my longing, opened my eyes just to feel the gap left by him.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (I yearned by Amina hareed )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Harivansh Rai Bachchan
(27 November 1907 – 18 January 2003)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(20 June 1952 -)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(27 March 1926 – 25 July 1966)
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- A Life-Lesson, James Whitcomb Riley
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Christmas Trees, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- The Rainbow's Promise, renu kakkar
- Andhere Kaa Deepak, Harivansh Rai Bachchan
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- A Poison Tree, William Blake
Poem of the Day
- You are all here, gajanan mishra
- Blue Wedding Bells Ring, Ken e Hall
- The Battleground, Leong Ming Loong
- An inner core, hasmukh amathalal
- Indeed I am no good so by Rasul Gamzatov, Yuri Starostin
- 1400 grams of wisdom (Merry Christmas), devon da poet
- Aspirations Inherited, Perveiz Ali
- Chimp Chomp - Lincoln Park Zoo, Ima Ryma
- Night Sky, Paul Gerard Reed
- '' Life And Death '', bri mar