On my arrival I yearned for a hero who would take me in his arms and say 'princess welcome.
In my childhood I yearned for a hero who would hide me behind his back whenever mom would chase me and say 'princess you are safe with me.'
In teenage I yearned for a hero who I will count on whenever I will fail to chose between right and wrong and say 'princess this is right'
I yearned and I am still yearning for a hero but that yearning never seems to subside.
My hero just seems to be complete in my thoughts and dreams, in real life my hero just left with the mark of 'never had the chance'
My hero, My Dad
My yearning leads to my longing, opened my eyes just to feel the gap left by him.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (I yearned by Amina hareed )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- It's Like Telling Us Not To Cry, Kelly Zion
- PH: Life: Growing Up, La! - Chapter 1, Brian Johnston
- UGLY MISSILES ARE STILL TARGETTING INNOC.., MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Roost, David Harris
- Tel Aviv on Amphetamines, Guy Shaked
- Tears Flow, Seinu Abdulgafar
- 'We Are All Michael Brown' Tanka, Chenou Liu
- Steal Away, Francie Lynch
- love1, andy pierce
- a little piddle, lee fones