I need... an amorphous SOMETHING....
Some otherworldy magical life line
The need is appallingly overwhelming
Something out of space and out of time
Sickeningly weak and unable to stand
And face the world on my own two feet
I don't want yet I need a helping hand
Disgusts me so that my face I do beat
Obligations, connections are all around
Shackles that lock me into a fake non-life
They are all lost, nowhere to be found
Pangs of loneliness in my soul are rife
If in heaven a loving God there may be
He'll allow me to end it once and for all
For surely it is plain the waste that is me
Please let me answer death's peaceful call
Noah Body's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Bad... real bad. So tired of it all. So very tired....
The last line.. that is my prayer... my plea....
Comments about this poem (I Need.... by Noah Body )
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
- Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(30 December 1865 – 18 January 1936)
Poem of the Day
- The Short Ballad of Egg Boy, James Merchant
- Logic in Life, Jayatissa Liyanage
- - Lady Andrea on the meadowland, Giorgio A. V.
- Lady Andrea on the meadowland, Giorgio A. V.
- Let Us Go for a Walk, Valsa George
- Legacy (2015), MILTON STYNER
- Glittering Textures, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Symbol Forests, Ananta Madhavan
- Oh, Those Days of Black 'n White Cookies.., Frank James Ryan Jr...FjR
- Golden Dreams, Ron Baratono