I met my fate
Some time ago I met my fate
I met my fate in two brown eyes
Saw him and knew he was my mate
so funny, cool, but yet so wise.
Heard his voice and loved it,
Saw his face and loved it,
Read his writings and loved it,
Heard him talk and melted,
Love his hair turning gray,
Love his accent so sweet
I don't think I can convey
How he makes me feel complete.
I know that fate plays games with me
That has always been the case
Because together we cannot be
Gotta forget that gorgeous face.
He's got everything I dream
I said 'for him I'd change religion'
He shines for me as a light beam
But...he lives in another region.
I gotta try to find myself
I gotta live in 'here and now'
I need to work on my inner self
Gotta do it, but I don't know how.
My quest for findings has started
My fate will help me here, I know
I feel so powerless and daunted
But have a life plan to bestow.
CeCe Lamberts's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (I met my fate by CeCe Lamberts )
- Elizabeth Barrett Browning
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
Harivansh Rai Bachchan
(27 November 1907 – 18 January 2003)
(30 December 1865 – 18 January 1936)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Faiz Ahmed Faiz
(13 February 1911 - 20 November 1984)
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And Weep, Mary Elizabeth Frye
- Death is Nothing at All, Henry Scott Holland
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- A Life-Lesson, James Whitcomb Riley
- Christmas Trees, Robert Frost
- A Visit from St. Nicholas, Clement Clarke Moore
- A Song Of Despair, Pablo Neruda
Poem of the Day
- Blue Wedding Bells Ring, Ken e Hall
- The Battleground, Leong Ming Loong
- An inner core, hasmukh amathalal
- Indeed I am no good so by Rasul Gamzatov, Yuri Starostin
- 1400 grams of wisdom (Merry Christmas), devon da poet
- Aspirations Inherited, Perveiz Ali
- Chimp Chomp - Lincoln Park Zoo, Ima Ryma
- Night Sky, Paul Gerard Reed
- '' Life And Death '', bri mar
- '' And They Say I'm Insane? '', bri mar