I met my fate
Some time ago I met my fate
I met my fate in two brown eyes
Saw him and knew he was my mate
so funny, cool, but yet so wise.
Heard his voice and loved it,
Saw his face and loved it,
Read his writings and loved it,
Heard him talk and melted,
Love his hair turning gray,
Love his accent so sweet
I don't think I can convey
How he makes me feel complete.
I know that fate plays games with me
That has always been the case
Because together we cannot be
Gotta forget that gorgeous face.
He's got everything I dream
I said 'for him I'd change religion'
He shines for me as a light beam
But...he lives in another region.
I gotta try to find myself
I gotta live in 'here and now'
I need to work on my inner self
Gotta do it, but I don't know how.
My quest for findings has started
My fate will help me here, I know
I feel so powerless and daunted
But have a life plan to bestow.
CeCe Lamberts's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (I met my fate by CeCe Lamberts )
- 'Valerie', Katherine Nordhaus
- 'Charlie Girl', Katherine Nordhaus
- Madrigal Dedicated To An Angel., Marcondes Pereira
- Halloween, lee fones
- Canned thoughts, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Aunt Giovanna, at 80, Gary Corseri
- For To be An Indian English Poet, You St.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Magical, David Harris
- A Necessary Wish, Sandra Feldman
- Stations of life, MOHAMMAD SKATI
Poem of the Day
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- And Death Shall Have No Dominion, Dylan Thomas
- Fern Hill, Dylan Thomas
- A Child's Christmas in Wales, Dylan Thomas
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Before I Knocked, Dylan Thomas
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)