I Heard A Knock
Lord you’re my God, when I fall which I do
there are just times when it’s hard to get up.
You are there sending me, that silent knock at my heart.
When I hear that, I can respond or keep the door locked.
When I try to go and forget your knocking
the blocks of guilt rides heavy on my heart.
You will not leave me because I have fallen
just because the devil said” it’s easier to get up.”
My God said” I can do All things through Christ Jesus that strengthens me.”
This poem was not written to criticize you
this poem was written for me.
If there is anyone, who feels that they just can’t get up
because of mistakes that might have been made.
This is the lie the devil wants you hear
he will only throw fear doubt at your door.
You can stay in that spiritual state
but God will still be knocking asking “may I come in? ”
Why because God Loves you and me
John 3: 16 said For God so love the world
that He gave His only begotten Son
that whosoever calls on Him shall be saved.
I am so glad to know when I fall
Jesus is always right there, wanting to heal my broken soul.
Take this poem how your soul feels led, I just hope this poem will bless you
Copyright C Susan Wall5- 5 -2014
Susan Wall's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (I Heard A Knock by Susan Wall )
- From 'The Motto', George Wither
- Written by Somebody on the Window of an .., Robert Burns
- Scroggam, my dearie, Robert Burns
- Epitaph for William Nicol, High School, .., Robert Burns
- Lovely Polly Stewart, Robert Burns
- Rantin, Rovin Robin, Robert Burns
- The Gardener wi' his Paidle, Robert Burns
- Sonnet: Philarete, George Wither
- For Seasonable Weather, George Wither
- The Prayer Of Habakuk, George Wither
Poem of the Day
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- As I Grew Older, Langston Hughes
- Warning, Jenny Joseph
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Away, Melancholy, Stevie Smith
- Alone, Edgar Allan Poe
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
- Heather Burns
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(2 June 1840 – 11 January 1928)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(16 April 1918 – 27 February 2002)