I Heard A Knock
Lord you’re my God, when I fall which I do
there are just times when it’s hard to get up.
You are there sending me, that silent knock at my heart.
When I hear that, I can respond or keep the door locked.
When I try to go and forget your knocking
the blocks of guilt rides heavy on my heart.
You will not leave me because I have fallen
just because the devil said” it’s easier to get up.”
My God said” I can do All things through Christ Jesus that strengthens me.”
This poem was not written to criticize you
this poem was written for me.
If there is anyone, who feels that they just can’t get up
because of mistakes that might have been made.
This is the lie the devil wants you hear
he will only throw fear doubt at your door.
You can stay in that spiritual state
but God will still be knocking asking “may I come in? ”
Why because God Loves you and me
John 3: 16 said For God so love the world
that He gave His only begotten Son
that whosoever calls on Him shall be saved.
I am so glad to know when I fall
Jesus is always right there, wanting to heal my broken soul.
Take this poem how your soul feels led, I just hope this poem will bless you
Copyright C Susan Wall5- 5 -2014
Susan Wall's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (I Heard A Knock by Susan Wall )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Not a Poem at all, sEaN nOrTh
- to be empty all over again and move like.., RIC S. BASTASA
- and once again you decide to live., RIC S. BASTASA
- 'tonight at ten'., RIC S. BASTASA
- you must be lucky to have found it, RIC S. BASTASA
- love became l o v e became LOVE and now .., Mandolyn ...
- that self-confidence, RIC S. BASTASA
- do not have to fathom it like some kind .., RIC S. BASTASA
- amor patriae, RIC S. BASTASA
- zanny on top of her hill, RIC S. BASTASA