I Heard A Knock
Lord you’re my God, when I fall which I do
there are just times when it’s hard to get up.
You are there sending me, that silent knock at my heart.
When I hear that, I can respond or keep the door locked.
When I try to go and forget your knocking
the blocks of guilt rides heavy on my heart.
You will not leave me because I have fallen
just because the devil said” it’s easier to get up.”
My God said” I can do All things through Christ Jesus that strengthens me.”
This poem was not written to criticize you
this poem was written for me.
If there is anyone, who feels that they just can’t get up
because of mistakes that might have been made.
This is the lie the devil wants you hear
he will only throw fear doubt at your door.
You can stay in that spiritual state
but God will still be knocking asking “may I come in? ”
Why because God Loves you and me
John 3: 16 said For God so love the world
that He gave His only begotten Son
that whosoever calls on Him shall be saved.
I am so glad to know when I fall
Jesus is always right there, wanting to heal my broken soul.
Take this poem how your soul feels led, I just hope this poem will bless you
Copyright C Susan Wall5- 5 -2014
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (I Heard A Knock by Susan Wall )
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
Harivansh Rai Bachchan
(27 November 1907 – 18 January 2003)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(19 January 1919 - 10 May 2002)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
- The Saddest Poem, Pablo Neruda
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- An Almost Made Up Poem, Charles Bukowski
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Your Laughter, Pablo Neruda
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- A Little While, Dante Gabriel Rossetti
Poem of the Day
- Electric Love, Suresh Dogra
- Capturing An Awareness, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Letting Imagination Run, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- A river, Leong Ming Loong
- The End of the Road, Sandra Feldman
- Silent Conversation, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Serenity Is Placed, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Shards Of Emotion, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- WHAT IF CHRIST WAS NOT, Michael P. Johnson
- Another Conquest, RoseAnn V. Shawiak