Kabir (1440 - 1518 / Pratapgar, Uttar Pradesh, India)
I have been thinking
I have been thinking...
I have been thinking of the difference between water
I have been thinkingI have been thinkingand the waves on it. Rising,
water's still water, falling back,
it is water, will you give me a hint
how to tell them apart?
Because someone has made up the word
'wave,' do I have to distinguish it
There is a Secret One inside us;
the planets in all the galaxies
pass through his hands like beads.
That is a string of beads one should look at with luminous eyes.
Kabir's Other Poems
- Abode of the Beloved
- Are you looking for me?
- Between the Poles of the Conscious
- Brother, I've Seen Some
- Chewing slowly
- Do Not Go To The Garden Of Flowers
- Friend, Hope For The Guest While You Are...
- Friend, Wake Up! Why Do You Go On Sleepi...
- Hang Up The Swing Of Love Today!
- Having Crossed The River
- He's That Rascally Kind Of Yogi
- Hey brother, why do you want me to talk?
- Hiding In This Cage
- His Death In Benares
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.