I Give You My Heart
If you want to make sure of keeping the heart intact, you must give it to no one. I wrapped mine carefully round with pastimes and little luxuries; avoided all entanglements; locked it up safe in the casket or coffin of my ego. In that casket, safe, dark, motionless, airless, it changed so not to be broken [again]; it was going to become unbreakable, impenetrable, irredeemable because to love is to be vulnerable. I changed my mind and give you the part of me I know you can break - my heart.
Franz Israel's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (I Give You My Heart by Franz Israel )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- A NEW POEM TO HER, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Transition of Love, Peter LeBuhn
- Falling In Love (Secret Message Poem), Ronald Chapman
- Please, Sandra Feldman
- Falling, Ronald Chapman
- A New York Minute, william upton
- Shamble Bit-Wise, Richard Thripp
- Expat Living In South Korea (Regional), Ronald Chapman
- Moonwaters, Midnights Voice
- i found joy in a wholesale store, Mandolyn ...