I Give You My Heart
If you want to make sure of keeping the heart intact, you must give it to no one. I wrapped mine carefully round with pastimes and little luxuries; avoided all entanglements; locked it up safe in the casket or coffin of my ego. In that casket, safe, dark, motionless, airless, it changed so not to be broken [again]; it was going to become unbreakable, impenetrable, irredeemable because to love is to be vulnerable. I changed my mind and give you the part of me I know you can break - my heart.
Franz Israel's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (I Give You My Heart by Franz Israel )
- A Bare Night, Tony Adah
- That Special Feeling, Bill Cantrell
- The Pit Among Dreams, Lilly Emery
- Vietnam ~ Part 2, Sara Fielder
- Time, Mario,Lucien,Rene Odekerken
- The Search For Peace, david kush
- Without It Questioned, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Bane of Attraction, Anthony Edmond John
- Wandersong, Neil Kennett
- Open Me Up, I'm Present, Luva Boy