I am The Woman!
Wearing a frock, with two pigtails,
A young mischievous girl was I,
With a twinkle of innocence in my eyes
And a spirit of happiness so loud and high
I grew up learning the priceless dignitaries,
Having fun, yet staying with in limits
Slowly learning the essence of a woman,
In a man’s world, and where she fits!
I understand you for what you are
And for the very respect you give me,
I am no longer a mere feast for your eyes
I am a living soul, and that, you are yet to see!
I heard, when you called me with the “B” word
I smile, and a thank you is all I can say
I am a hell of a woman, you can never be like
In control, independent, better than you any day!
Tanmayi Mukundan's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (I am The Woman! by Tanmayi Mukundan )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- My Problem With Words, Valsa George
- Purchased Palsy, Pranab K. Chakraborty
- Just stupid, Pranab K. Chakraborty
- To Efe Benjamin, Electric Lady
- You chose the gift above the giver!, PARTHA SARATHI PAUL
- Immersing Life, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Ruled By Share Values, Terence G. Craddock
- Forgive Me Lord, The Oracle
- Earth's Greediest Ruling Government?, Terence G. Craddock
- She's The Devil and I am Her Sin, A.j. Binash