I am The Woman!
Wearing a frock, with two pigtails,
A young mischievous girl was I,
With a twinkle of innocence in my eyes
And a spirit of happiness so loud and high
I grew up learning the priceless dignitaries,
Having fun, yet staying with in limits
Slowly learning the essence of a woman,
In a man’s world, and where she fits!
I understand you for what you are
And for the very respect you give me,
I am no longer a mere feast for your eyes
I am a living soul, and that, you are yet to see!
I heard, when you called me with the “B” word
I smile, and a thank you is all I can say
I am a hell of a woman, you can never be like
In control, independent, better than you any day!
Tanmayi Mukundan's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (I am The Woman! by Tanmayi Mukundan )
- Time Chases Me, Neela Nath
- Elimination, Hans Raj Sharma
- We have come thru..., bill costley
- The elements of loss, nick feiner
- Lives short lived, nick feiner
- Waiting to bloom, nick feiner
- Woman Or Mermaid?, Marcondes Pereira
- Gliding through life, nick feiner
- Angels and Demons, nick feiner
- Love is, hasmukh amathalal