Lawrence S. Pertillar
I Admit It
Okay, I admit it.
I confess my weaknesses to be addressed.
I have not been acquitted from making mistakes.
Or faking experiences to hope for an escape.
Like some who try to charade perfection,
With hope they are not labelled,
As someone who has gone in the wrong direction.
I admit it.
Some days I awaken with intent to mind my business,
When out of nowhere I am tempted to satisfy...
And experiment to participate,
In the most decadent of urges.
And then convinced I am,
If I followed through I could prove to myself...
Stoop so low to gratified those pleasures.
And with my fingers crossed
I promise God to never again submit to them.
Okay, I admit it.
Promises I make to myself sometimes I can not keep.
But I do pray everyday,
The 'Angels' observing my every move...
Will send me 'someone' special,
To do decadent things with we both enjoy and approve.
Lawrence S. Pertillar's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (I Admit It by Lawrence S. Pertillar )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
Edgar Albert Guest
(20 August 1881 - 5 August 1959)
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Tonight I can write the saddest lines, Pablo Neruda
Poem of the Day
- Phantom!, Denis Martindale
- Combing Interior Forces, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Love Songs of A Bull Frog (Part Three) .., Merton Lee
- Awesome Talent, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Fluid Insturmental Intellect, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Satisfied, Robert Ronnow
- Ones Parents, michael walkerjohn
- Fascinating Images, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Dwelling In Perfection, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- A Line to You, Olufayo Ezekiel