Lawrence S. Pertillar
I Admit It
Okay, I admit it.
I confess my weaknesses to be addressed.
I have not been acquitted from making mistakes.
Or faking experiences to hope for an escape.
Like some who try to charade perfection,
With hope they are not labelled,
As someone who has gone in the wrong direction.
I admit it.
Some days I awaken with intent to mind my business,
When out of nowhere I am tempted to satisfy...
And experiment to participate,
In the most decadent of urges.
And then convinced I am,
If I followed through I could prove to myself...
Stoop so low to gratified those pleasures.
And with my fingers crossed
I promise God to never again submit to them.
Okay, I admit it.
Promises I make to myself sometimes I can not keep.
But I do pray everyday,
The 'Angels' observing my every move...
Will send me 'someone' special,
To do decadent things with we both enjoy and approve.
Lawrence S. Pertillar's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (I Admit It by Lawrence S. Pertillar )
Did you read them?
- Evil Intent, Abdul Malik Mandani
- This ugly image, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Sweet Ilussions, Sandra Feldman
- Weighting Each Thought, Heather Burns
- Their moral decline anytime انحدارهم ال.., MOHAMMAD SKATI
- A surrealistic image صورة سوريالية, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- In 80s, Nassy Fesharaki
- A Walk in the Woods, Abdul Malik Mandani
- Natural Alliance, Abdul Malik Mandani
- Stop your Sobbing (haiku), Elizabeth Padillo Olesen
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- The Solution, Bertolt Brecht
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And Weep, Mary Elizabeth Frye
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Lament for Ignacio Sánchez Mejías, Federico García Lorca
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 February 1898 – 14 August 1956)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
- Heather Burns