Alan Bruce Thompson
Hot dog in summer is my canine lot,
To wear a fur coat in the tropics, cool it is not.
Hot flesh in summer is not much fun,
Wrapped in putrid fur, not the putrid bun.
My friend the Persian Cat is clipped down to the skin,
She comments that zip-off furs are really in.
My owner and hers talk together a lot,
The result is a detachable fur with my tail in a slot.
But now the anti-canine anti-feline comments are scathing,
“Hot dog and cool cat, arrested for naked bathing”.
Alan Bruce Thompson's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Hot Dog by Alan Bruce Thompson )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Shadows Leading Me, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Fairness!, Clarence Prince
- At Her Feet, Naveed Akram
- Enjoying Interior Sensations, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Know everything at least, gajanan mishra
- Lost Images, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Abortion (cry of a foetus), ramesh rai
- Feel me, I am here, gajanan mishra
- Let me start afresh, gajanan mishra
- selfie, ko the skipper