The ghost of a million blades of grass
Haunt my Grandad's shed.
That's where he kept the piece of kit
That made them all so dead.
I think they try and frighten it
Or keep it up all night
So when he next time pulls the chord
It can't cut grass for shite.
Graham Fowell's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Hornet by Graham Fowell )
- Acting Judge, Tim caffery
- Your lovely smile, Jesus James Llorico
- Past Reloaded, Nalini Jyotsana Chaturvedi
- The Truest Love., Achill Ladd
- Points made between waves, Mark Heathcote
- ignus fatuus or sketches of my past?, Mandolyn ...
- Black Wings, Lilly Emery
- United we Stand Divided we fall, Aftab Alam
- Beauty, Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- Come Home, Richard Provencher
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- Heather Burns
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)