Bijay Kant Dubey
Heroine Mom, Stylist Mom, European Mom
O newborn babe, your mom is a careerist, a stylist,
A heroine mom,
A European mom, not an Asiatic one,
Ask for not milk!
The heroine mom, stylistic mom, modern mom
In the sunglasses smiling,
Caring not for the babe,
Newly born to her,
That she is a mother.
A fashion designer, a beautician, a parlour visitor,
A shopping mall-visitor,
She likes to be a saleswoman, a media manager,
A florist or an interior decorator,
Not a mom.
The heroine mom, stylist mom, fashionable mom,
A hosteller and a hotelier,
A picnicker and a changer,
A tourist and a traveler,
An achorman and an adman.
She is a careerist mom, has career before her,
Not the child,
Keeping it crying at home
Into the hands of the bay-sitter and the nurse,
The madam going.
I mean ma’m,
Ask me not, Indian or European,
Rural or urban,
As she is urban no doubt,
Modern mom, urban mom.
Modern mom, European mom, stylistic mom, heroine mom,
The mom in the dark goggles smiling and going
And the baby shrieking into the hands
Of the baby-sitter and the nurse-maid,
The mom doing ta-ta, bye-bye to the newly born babe
Unable to recognize if she is really its mother.
Bijay Kant Dubey's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Heroine Mom, Stylist Mom, European Mom by Bijay Kant Dubey )
Did you read them?
- Mind's Refuse, michael walkerjohn
- 6 is truly 9, michael walkerjohn
- Flowers!, rajendran muthiah
- Never feel alone, hasmukh amathalal
- Last Words Played, michael walkerjohn
- Death is certain, hasmukh amathalal
- The Little Men, michael walkerjohn
- Furthest Right, michael walkerjohn
- Political Correctness, michael walkerjohn
- Shiva Stotram, umaprosad das
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- Heather Burns
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
Percy Bysshe Shelley