Bijay Kant Dubey
Heroine Mom, Stylist Mom, European Mom
O newborn babe, your mom is a careerist, a stylist,
A heroine mom,
A European mom, not an Asiatic one,
Ask for not milk!
The heroine mom, stylistic mom, modern mom
In the sunglasses smiling,
Caring not for the babe,
Newly born to her,
That she is a mother.
A fashion designer, a beautician, a parlour visitor,
A shopping mall-visitor,
She likes to be a saleswoman, a media manager,
A florist or an interior decorator,
Not a mom.
The heroine mom, stylist mom, fashionable mom,
A hosteller and a hotelier,
A picnicker and a changer,
A tourist and a traveler,
An achorman and an adman.
She is a careerist mom, has career before her,
Not the child,
Keeping it crying at home
Into the hands of the bay-sitter and the nurse,
The madam going.
I mean ma’m,
Ask me not, Indian or European,
Rural or urban,
As she is urban no doubt,
Modern mom, urban mom.
Modern mom, European mom, stylistic mom, heroine mom,
The mom in the dark goggles smiling and going
And the baby shrieking into the hands
Of the baby-sitter and the nurse-maid,
The mom doing ta-ta, bye-bye to the newly born babe
Unable to recognize if she is really its mother.
Bijay Kant Dubey's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Heroine Mom, Stylist Mom, European Mom by Bijay Kant Dubey )
Did you read them?
- Organized supports is a prison., Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- No more pregnancy, Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- Grace Me, Michael McParland
- 168., John Westlake
- The Stuff We Are Made Of., Tony Adah
- remembering the wedding Anniversary.., veeraiyah subbulakshmi
- Fishing For An Appropriate Taste, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Let us not be, hasmukh amathalal
- Is Life?, Neela Nath
- Star Tree, douglas scotney
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- As I Grew Older, Langston Hughes
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
- Heather Burns
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)