Bijay Kant Dubey
Heroine Mom, Stylist Mom, European Mom
O newborn babe, your mom is a careerist, a stylist,
A heroine mom,
A European mom, not an Asiatic one,
Ask for not milk!
The heroine mom, stylistic mom, modern mom
In the sunglasses smiling,
Caring not for the babe,
Newly born to her,
That she is a mother.
A fashion designer, a beautician, a parlour visitor,
A shopping mall-visitor,
She likes to be a saleswoman, a media manager,
A florist or an interior decorator,
Not a mom.
The heroine mom, stylist mom, fashionable mom,
A hosteller and a hotelier,
A picnicker and a changer,
A tourist and a traveler,
An achorman and an adman.
She is a careerist mom, has career before her,
Not the child,
Keeping it crying at home
Into the hands of the bay-sitter and the nurse,
The madam going.
I mean ma’m,
Ask me not, Indian or European,
Rural or urban,
As she is urban no doubt,
Modern mom, urban mom.
Modern mom, European mom, stylistic mom, heroine mom,
The mom in the dark goggles smiling and going
And the baby shrieking into the hands
Of the baby-sitter and the nurse-maid,
The mom doing ta-ta, bye-bye to the newly born babe
Unable to recognize if she is really its mother.
Bijay Kant Dubey's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Heroine Mom, Stylist Mom, European Mom by Bijay Kant Dubey )
Did you read them?
- My Dog Lays at, David McLansky
- Asthi-Kalasha, Bijay Kant Dubey
- And We Came to Pass, Abdulrasaq Akingbo Okanlambe
- Praising a Poet, 'me' by a Co-Poet!, Dr.V.K. Kanniappan
- My Dog Lays at My Feet, David McLansky
- The two I trust (sonnet), Tinashe Mupedzapasi
- Owls or rats, Tinashe Mupedzapasi
- Jesus, God, Tinashe Mupedzapasi
- माँ का सूरज कहीं खो गया, Aftab Alam
- Brother John, Colin Ian Jeffery
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- 1914 V: The Soldier, Rupert Brooke
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Television, Roald Dahl
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(23 July 1823 - 26 November 1896)
Walter de la Mare
(1873 - 1958)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)