Bijay Kant Dubey
Heroine Mom, Stylist Mom, European Mom
O newborn babe, your mom is a careerist, a stylist,
A heroine mom,
A European mom, not an Asiatic one,
Ask for not milk!
The heroine mom, stylistic mom, modern mom
In the sunglasses smiling,
Caring not for the babe,
Newly born to her,
That she is a mother.
A fashion designer, a beautician, a parlour visitor,
A shopping mall-visitor,
She likes to be a saleswoman, a media manager,
A florist or an interior decorator,
Not a mom.
The heroine mom, stylist mom, fashionable mom,
A hosteller and a hotelier,
A picnicker and a changer,
A tourist and a traveler,
An achorman and an adman.
She is a careerist mom, has career before her,
Not the child,
Keeping it crying at home
Into the hands of the bay-sitter and the nurse,
The madam going.
I mean ma’m,
Ask me not, Indian or European,
Rural or urban,
As she is urban no doubt,
Modern mom, urban mom.
Modern mom, European mom, stylistic mom, heroine mom,
The mom in the dark goggles smiling and going
And the baby shrieking into the hands
Of the baby-sitter and the nurse-maid,
The mom doing ta-ta, bye-bye to the newly born babe
Unable to recognize if she is really its mother.
Bijay Kant Dubey's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Heroine Mom, Stylist Mom, European Mom by Bijay Kant Dubey )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(22 March 1941 -)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(27 July 1870 – 16 July 1953)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- I Am the Only Being Whose Doom, Emily Jane Brontë
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Death is Nothing at All, Henry Scott Holland
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- As I Grew Older, Langston Hughes
- A Little While, Dante Gabriel Rossetti
Poem of the Day
- Let us go, Mario,Lucien,Rene Odekerken
- ~Hell On Earth Is Art In Heaven~, E Nigma
- BABIES LOVE, Christina Sunrise
- ANGER STEMS FROM PAIN, Christina Sunrise
- ACTION IS WHERE IT STARTS, Christina Sunrise
- Night terrors, Ryan Brodesser
- River Ran Red, Kim Barney
- KRIG, Gunnar Mo.
- Sink the Dream Boat, Babbling Brookes
- AFFIRMATIONS, Christina Sunrise