Bazi alis Subrata Ray
Her Greatness, -The Grand Arpita.
He held the lady in his head,
Never drag her as disk in the bed,
Kept her aloof in heart’s shade.
He wished to do the impossible,
As does a devotee in his tale,
Weaving garland of unconscious fable.
For she, he knew was a seven ocean’s surge,
No action she feels with thousand rivers merge,
Hers is an abstract tsunami in every barge.
Her presence tinges the calm weather,
Her smile willows the spirit afar,
Her voice stimulates the desert –water.
Bazi alis Subrata Ray's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Her Greatness, -The Grand Arpita. by Bazi alis Subrata Ray )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(January 6, 1883 – April 10, 1931)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(November 1, 1871 – June 5, 1900)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Your Laughter, Pablo Neruda
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
Poem of the Day
- ain't much a man, Doyen Lingua
- Season Greetings, Babatunde Aremu
- Significant and Sure., Sumita Jetley
- Laluwa Too A Leader, Bijay Kant Dubey
- Our Own Experience Overwhelms Us, Shalom Freedman
- The Milkmen As The Leaders From Bihar, Bijay Kant Dubey
- Karma, Nivedita Patnaik
- Spring, Nivedita Patnaik
- Reading The Tea-Leaves of My Father..., Frank James Ryan Jr...FjR
- Nagasaki ...... [WAR; VERY SHORT; nucle.., Bri Edwards