that was her nickname.
A name she had obtained,
for all the colors she'd appreciate.
that was her calling
to come out in style to show the worlds vibrant.
they laughed at her colors
said she was different
not normal like others.
they took her as a joke.
Just a mere girl looking for attention you know?
lover of rain
not a care in the world of what other people say.
she started too change
The world saw her brightly
now shes all black and grey.
why goes this way.
We've all secretly loved you.
So why not stay the same!
you bring us joy
You shed light too our day.
So go back to your ways
we appreciate your love!
We see differently now
so stay who you are.
That's who I am.
A girl of 14
who is oddly at best.
Everyone calls me that.
I'm just a use for you all
, but i don't mind that.
A mirror image I am.
A reflection of colors
that most people don't understand.
you called my name?
Why hello I'm here.
To shed light to your day
Michelle Mawyin's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Hello, Rainbow! by Michelle Mawyin )
- मन, Aftab Alam
- The sacrifice, Mark Heathcote
- ये कैसा शहर है, Aftab Alam
- कुछ कह नहीं पाता, Aftab Alam
- Jadavpur University Campus A Heaven For .., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Friends and foes, gajanan mishra
- Out There, Fatima Nusairat
- Immortal world, gajanan mishra
- Soulful smile, ramesh rai
- Perfection, Donnie Wolff
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Trees, Joyce Kilmer
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
- Heather Burns