'He Trains My Fingers For Battle'
Wrtten before our fast age
The words told of future battles,
Wars that will be done on a page
As we engage in spiritual hurdles.
This fight is not with weapons
But with the Sword of the Spirit-
Declaring victory already won
The True God for all people to meet!
Yes, He arms our fingers with Power,
The great God of the universe here
Grace that flows with His Living Water-
Touches men and removes all their fear.
Fear of judgment and rejection
Fear of a father's striking hand
His great Love in Jesus the connection,
His Word makes men understand.
With the prayer that whoever reads
At one spur of some moment in time,
May be touched, from the Bread of Life, feed
May His Presence bless our verses and rhyme.
All rights reserved ~~~ Cynthia Buhain-Baello~~~02.02.14
'Praise be to the LORD my Rock,
Who trains my hands for war,
my fingers for battle.
He is my loving God and my fortress,
my stronghold and my deliverer,
my shield, in whom I take refuge
Who subdues people under me.'
PSALM 144: 1-2
Cynthia BuhainBaello's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem ('He Trains My Fingers For Battle' by Cynthia BuhainBaello )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- art uncle jude, binod bastola
- happy birthday to you, shubham sutar
- Flying together, Nalini Chaturvedi
- fight back for you, shubham sutar
- Indulgence, Angela Khristin Brown
- Inspiration of Infancy, Chris Jax
- Assorted Interpretations, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- A Devil To Do A Deed, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Walking On The Sea, Saiom Shriver
- Flying Snail, Saiom Shriver