'He Trains My Fingers For Battle'
Wrtten before our fast age
The words told of future battles,
Wars that will be done on a page
As we engage in spiritual hurdles.
This fight is not with weapons
But with the Sword of the Spirit-
Declaring victory already won
The True God for all people to meet!
Yes, He arms our fingers with Power,
The great God of the universe here
Grace that flows with His Living Water-
Touches men and removes all their fear.
Fear of judgment and rejection
Fear of a father's striking hand
His great Love in Jesus the connection,
His Word makes men understand.
With the prayer that whoever reads
At one spur of some moment in time,
May be touched, from the Bread of Life, feed
May His Presence bless our verses and rhyme.
All rights reserved ~~~ Cynthia Buhain-Baello~~~02.02.14
'Praise be to the LORD my Rock,
Who trains my hands for war,
my fingers for battle.
He is my loving God and my fortress,
my stronghold and my deliverer,
my shield, in whom I take refuge
Who subdues people under me.'
PSALM 144: 1-2
Cynthia BuhainBaello's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem ('He Trains My Fingers For Battle' by Cynthia BuhainBaello )
- The Absurd Nightmare, Jasbir Chatterjee
- Will You Read My Poem, Sir?, Bijay Kant Dubey
- Repair a net, Trong Phan
- Jayanta Mahahpatra As An Image-maker, A .., Bijay Kant Dubey
- hindi haiku ghazal chaand, S.D. TIWARI
- Who Really Cares? Does Anything Matter?, Mr. Nobody
- Jashn manaao, Aftab Alam
- Poetry Is Where You Find It X, Frank Avon
- Happiness Is..., Arno Le Roux
- I Never Travelled Alone, Akhtar Jawad
Poem of the Day
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Being With You, Heather Burns
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- The Raven, Edgar Allan Poe
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
- The Brook, Alfred Lord Tennyson
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
- Heather Burns
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
William Ernest Henley
(1849 - 1902)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)