He Kept His Identity
He kept his dignity,
He didn’t turn to us to look back
As, I remember dressed in black.
He even kept his identity,
As we all cried, half a world away…
“Is it just out of habit - he’d say? ”
Even now he looks - snazzy
We can’t quite believe he’s gone!
That he didn’t cash his last coupon.
Mark Heathcote's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (He Kept His Identity by Mark Heathcote )
- A to Z for You, Indranil Bit
- Our bretherne, hasmukh amathalal
- Water has central place, hasmukh amathalal
- Sunset, Littlewing28 Pani
- what is kinte, kinte allah
- Peace Inside, Spiritwind Wood
- how far can i go on?, fareeha ghafoor
- I came to you, Gert Strydom
- The days that are past, Gert Strydom
- When morning is BEST, Antonio Liao