RoseAnn V. Shawiak
Haunting Of A Mind
Listening to tears falling softly within my heart, causes them to stream from my eyes.
Lasting impressions filling my mind, lying about in disarray, wanting to find meaning in their existence.
Whatever happens becomes embedded, causing sad or happy thoughts to be ever present in my life.
Wishing, every once in a while, that it could be different - that the haunting of my mind would fill someone else's inward eyes.
Yet, no one else could take the vividness of life being relived over and over with very slight reminders.
It is for me alone - this lifelong video to be played and rerun without command.
Noting it's complexity surrounding everything I do, quietly I fold it into simplicity so that I may live with it.
Knowing only that it is God's gift to me - I appreciate His love.
RoseAnn V. Shawiak's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Haunting Of A Mind by RoseAnn V. Shawiak )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Percy Bysshe Shelley
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(8 February 1911 – 6 October 1979)
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Death Of A Naturalist, Seamus Heaney
Poem of the Day
- Out Of My Head, Anuradha Singh
- Revealing life in Death, Angell Afinowi
- The Jujube Tree And Me, Madathil Nair
- AM HOOKED IN YOUR TRUE LOVE., Changez Ndzai
- Coffee And Cream Chocolates, Michael P. McParland
- Bless You Tonight, Michael P. McParland
- You at the Center, rosalinda flores rosevoc
- Odia Poem- Brukshya Debata, Jitendra seth
- The Sorry Band-Aid, william upton
- Odia Poem- SATHI, Jitendra seth