RoseAnn V. Shawiak
Haunting Of A Mind
Listening to tears falling softly within my heart, causes them to stream from my eyes.
Lasting impressions filling my mind, lying about in disarray, wanting to find meaning in their existence.
Whatever happens becomes embedded, causing sad or happy thoughts to be ever present in my life.
Wishing, every once in a while, that it could be different - that the haunting of my mind would fill someone else's inward eyes.
Yet, no one else could take the vividness of life being relived over and over with very slight reminders.
It is for me alone - this lifelong video to be played and rerun without command.
Noting it's complexity surrounding everything I do, quietly I fold it into simplicity so that I may live with it.
Knowing only that it is God's gift to me - I appreciate His love.
RoseAnn V. Shawiak's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Haunting Of A Mind by RoseAnn V. Shawiak )
Did you read them?
- The Universe Of True Love, Poetic Lilly Emery
- A Halloween Haiku, Thomas Koron
- What a lovely night to see a star., Raymond Sawyer
- Lonely mirror ball., Simon Gowen
- NYBADET NAKEN, Gunnar Mo.
- Haiku 'Pebbles', miken newman
- Here Then Now There, Guillermo Veloso
- Life, Proud SugarBoe
- When You Had Left, Poetic Lilly Emery
- A riddle poem, DEEPAK KUMAR PATTANAYAK
Poem of the Day
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- As I Grew Older, Langston Hughes
- It Is the Hour, George Gordon Byron
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
- Heather Burns
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)