Happy Val(end) tine
Happy Valentine, I hope you choke on chocolate,
Happy Valentine, or of the nauseatingly romance in the air
This stomach-turning smell of red roses,
The desires in the night
Happy Valentine, will Amor’s arrow kill you?
Happy Valentine, I certainly wouldn’t mind it
The sexy lingerie you’ve bought, I hope it won’t fit,
And the candles, let them blaze!
Happy Valentine, why so happy Valentine?
Happy Valentine, you got beaten with clubs, stoned, and then beheaded
Valentines Day, you’re bloody awful!
Topic(s): valentines day
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
But I don't hate it! I just don't care really...
So we celebrate this guy, Saint Valentine. The prefect of Rome commanded him to be beaten with clubs, and afterwards, to be beheaded, which was executed on February 14, about the year 270. Nice, right?
(there are some different stories though..)
Enjoy YOUR day!
Comments about this poem (Happy Val(end) tine by Fie KroC )
- Sa hagupit ni Yolanda, nagkabuhol-buhol, Sonny San Juan, Jr.
- At Nights, Madrason writer
- Trajectorya ng masuyong hampas-lupa, Sonny San Juan, Jr.
- falling down a well, well, you pushed me, Mandolyn ...
- Indeed, george albot
- Poets, Do You Agree?, Sandra Feldman
- broad boy souffle, derrick foster
- PH: Nature: Canoeing the Mississippi #3, Brian Johnston
- Steps Of Purpose, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Whispers Of Ancient Parables, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- The Raven, Edgar Allan Poe
- One Art, Elizabeth Bishop
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- Heather Burns
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)