Happiness is a new tomorrow
Happiness is a moment in time,
a memory to go back to in stormy times,
it’s something to pursue,
to continually seek for.
Happiness is like the eyes of a new mother
looking at the innocence of a new-born baby.
It’s like the laughter of a baby that fills the house
in all of its empty places
and it mends broken hearts
and redeem the fallen soul.
Love and joy brings back
the songs of the birds.
In every waking hour
life becomes special
and it’s like the spring
and a beautiful rosebud
that opens in the sun
and when you are happy
your days seem not to be so long.
It’s like a child swinging free
with her hair in the wind.
Love and happiness
is but a moment in time,
like water falling through your hands,
it’s the hope of tomorrow,
the brightness of today
and a moment to go back to
when you are old and frail
and it puts a smile back on your face,
it opens the heart and let love come in
and true happiness comes from the Lord.
Daleen Enslinstrydom's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Happiness is a new tomorrow by Daleen Enslinstrydom )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- EVIL'S INEVITABLE, FAST, AND FREE FALL, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Doomed, Kyle Schlicher
- Memory Without Remorse, Kyle Schlicher
- Question Answered, Kyle Schlicher
- Spearmint Leaves, Saiom Shriver
- THIS LIFE IS UP-SIDE-DOWN هذه الحياة متك.., MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Islands of Flowers, Marilyn Lott
- Home-makers, Dr Deena Padayachee
- I APOLOGIZE FOR YOU, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- On your toe, shubham sutar