Growth of a poet
like mum and dad,
Are fed in the minds
As first words.
Thus written as first.
When stringed together poetically
Marks the crawling of a 'todler poet'
Avid reading and writing
Over time as age advances
Perfects the poetic prowess.
Gradually, the poet
Climbs the world poetic platform,
If their creativity is
'out of this world'
Then they get the privilege
Of sharing the same podium
With the Shakespeares
Both of the present and the past.
Cherret Leakey's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Growth of a poet by Cherret Leakey )
- "Be careful...", Jeff Gangwer
- Ten Million Colors, Jeff Gangwer
- missing you, matthew blankenship
- Never your Sun, Nalini Jyotsana Chaturvedi
- Jacky Tiger, Afshan Fatima
- It Gets Better, Nalini Jyotsana Chaturvedi
- Cursed, Nalini Jyotsana Chaturvedi
- Camphored Away, Nalini Jyotsana Chaturvedi
- PH: Nature: Canoeing The Mississippi - P.., Brian Johnston
- Alone and, hasmukh amathalal
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Home And Love, Robert William Service
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- "Hope" is the thing with feathers, Emily Dickinson
- O Captain! My Captain!, Walt Whitman
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
- Heather Burns
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)