Workers on strike
They should be at their work stations
But they are in the streets preachng.
Preaching on a two-themed sermon.
The meagre amount they are being paid
Saying it's too little
Too little to catter for their needs
In ths current economy.
Preaching for more cash.
More cash to trickle to their account
And atleast bail them out
Out of those loans
That are lining behind them.
Will the employer
Listen to their loud plea?
Cherret Leakey's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Workers on strike by Cherret Leakey )
- Gulls in the Wind, Betsy Sholl
- Let the Rain begin, Antonio Liao
- Scenes From the Rain! ! ! ! ! ! ! !, RAJESH.C BOSE
- Here, Betsy Sholl
- The Blue Eyed, Sadiqullah Khan
- The Tortoise, Betsy Sholl
- A Reflecting Mirror, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Sanctuary, Naveed Khalid
- Angel of Dissent, Betsy Sholl
- The Queen Mary, Ima Ryma
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(22 August 1893 - 7 June 1967)
- Heather Burns
(1923 - 1998)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)