Going Away (Fun Poem 147)
There is always an amount of chaos
whenever you are planning a trip
to somewhere you have never been before.
Days before you depart
you are trying to pack
everything you think you’ll need,
making sure you have
the essentials for the trip,
money, passport, etc, etc.
Some make a list to cross off,
while others just scratch their heads.
With a list you keep adding to it
and wonder if you have
enough room to put it all.
Finally you have everything ready
that is until it’s time to go
and more panic sets in,
this time is all about time,
will you get there on time?
Invariably you always do.
13-15 August 2013
David Harris's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Going Away (Fun Poem 147) by David Harris )
Did you read them?
- Forget You Not, Forget You Not, Bijay Kant Dubey
- Love Me, Love Me, You Just Love Me, Bijay Kant Dubey
- The sweetest song, Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- Be logic., Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- Loving Me, Leave Me Not, Desert You Not,.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- L'amour est un Triste Caméléon, Hebert Logerie
- स्वप्न, dhirajkumar taksande
- <<< আমি বাংলার পাতি মাষ্টার, Abdul Wahab
- Lost homes, hasmukh amathalal
- A Tiny Island, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
- Heather Burns