Going Away (Fun Poem 147)
There is always an amount of chaos
whenever you are planning a trip
to somewhere you have never been before.
Days before you depart
you are trying to pack
everything you think you’ll need,
making sure you have
the essentials for the trip,
money, passport, etc, etc.
Some make a list to cross off,
while others just scratch their heads.
With a list you keep adding to it
and wonder if you have
enough room to put it all.
Finally you have everything ready
that is until it’s time to go
and more panic sets in,
this time is all about time,
will you get there on time?
Invariably you always do.
13-15 August 2013
David Harris's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Going Away (Fun Poem 147) by David Harris )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
Did you read them?
- Mystery of poem, gajanan mishra
- Dramatization, Kewayne Wadley
- The Maddening Dance, Tony Adah
- Alternative Prayer, Phil Soar
- I appear, gajanan mishra
- Young Wife's Longing, Paul Sebastian
- Ants Crawling, Naveed Akram
- applying online, lee fones
- Stay not away, gajanan mishra
- Ah! Little Woodlouse - Are You Unreal?, Brian P FitzGerald