Going Away (Fun Poem 147)
There is always an amount of chaos
whenever you are planning a trip
to somewhere you have never been before.
Days before you depart
you are trying to pack
everything you think you’ll need,
making sure you have
the essentials for the trip,
money, passport, etc, etc.
Some make a list to cross off,
while others just scratch their heads.
With a list you keep adding to it
and wonder if you have
enough room to put it all.
Finally you have everything ready
that is until it’s time to go
and more panic sets in,
this time is all about time,
will you get there on time?
Invariably you always do.
13-15 August 2013
David Harris's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Going Away (Fun Poem 147) by David Harris )
Did you read them?
- Curse of the Burning Witch, David McLansky
- Kindly spare us, hasmukh amathalal
- " Change " it's our aspiration!, sisirachandra vaduge
- Women, Gbolagade Taiwo
- Desire, Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- I Love You, Melika Gillard
- Firaq yar ko dagha..., Azhar Sabri
- Save Mother!, tolu ogundare
- சின்னச் சின்ன பையா வா!, Dr.V.K. Kanniappan
- Infinite journey., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- My Love Is Like To Ice, Edmund Spenser
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- On the Ning Nang Nong, Spike Milligan
- Cleanliness and Happiness, chandra thiagarajan
- Television, Roald Dahl
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
James Whitcomb Riley
(7 October 1849 - 22 July 1916)
(2 June 1840 – 11 January 1928)
Kazi Nazrul Islam
(24 May 1899 - 29 August 1976)
- Christina Georgina Rossetti
Ella Wheeler Wilcox
(5 November 1850 - 30 October 1919)
Robert Louis Stevenson
George Gordon Byron
(22 January 1788 – 19 April 1824)
(13 July 1793 – 20 May 1864)
Sheldon Allan Silverstein
(September 25, 1930 – May 10, 1999)
Dr PJ Raj Kamal