George Zimmerman, 'Not Guilty' A Travesty Of Justice?
What happened to Trayvon Martin shouldn’t happen to any 1,
And yet, this killing is not the worse thing that has been done,
Weekend before George Zimmerman’s not guilty of any & all,
51 Black on Black gunshots 40 wounded 11 would fatally fall.
City of Chicago, where Blacks kill more Blacks, George who?
Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton don’t they have enough to do?
Rainbow Coalition & Operation P.U.S.H. is the head quarters,
Hey Reverend Jackson first clean up within your own borders.
This tragedy is being protested by thousands of American Blacks,
With not one single rally regarding those deadly Chicago attacks,
Detroit, South Central, Philly, Harlem, Houston, Gary & Buffalo,
The tip of the Iceberg for the killing of Blacks if you didn’t know.
Trayvon is one, in the above cities hundreds may die every week,
For a single case the DOJ is asked to investigate, truth we seek?
Truth is, Black on Black murders should be a more heinous crime,
Is it so commonplace that Blacks expect it as it’s done all the time?
Rap videos depict violence common as Chevrolet & Mom’s apple pie?
Inner city neighborhoods you’re not expected to graduate but to die?
Oh, Carl and Louis Stokes, Lawyers, Mayor, Congress, Judge but who?
Instead strive to be drug dealers, pimps, rappers, instead of you two?
DOJ investigates anything it should re-open the case of LaVena Lynn,
Think Trayvon was an atrocity? Read what happened to PFC Johnson,
Find it then forward the information to Obama, he’s had nothing to say,
Because he’s too busy making personal phone calls congratulating Gays.
Luke Easter's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (George Zimmerman, 'Not Guilty' A Travesty Of Justice? by Luke Easter )
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- i am accused of tending to the past, Lucille Clifton
- 'Hope' is the thing with feathers, Emily Dickinson
Poem of the Day
- Scales falling, Angell Afinowi
- About the Armadillo, Angell Afinowi
- Leprosy at the birthday Party, Angell Afinowi
- The Journey, Alvin Mingle
- Darling, Anthony Di'anno
- Bright Shades of Life, Rohit Sapra
- Tolstoy's Lament, Bill Lindsay
- The valley of Utah, Rekha Mandagere
- A House I call my Home, Reagan A. Latumbo
- I Do No Know, Tony Adah