the fear of the loss gripping my mind
this feeling is not like the others of its kind
my best friend, the center, of this bound pain
though my mind knows this is for his gain
Nausea spinning my stomach and head
my heart dropped to my feet as heavy as lead
the commitment claiming all of my friend's life
the gap he leaves cutting sharp as a knife
no choice now, he cannot opt to stay
his brave mind whispers, 'come what may'
the player moving his pawn that is now set
the chess game of life, the opponent is met
the queens, the knights, the pieces that hide
the ones that are captured, cast to the side
my friend, your mind, should not be part of the game
become the opponent, this goal be your bane
the stage of life is your beckoning call
this opportunity, do not let drop and fall
though this point of your life is hard to bear
know, i am a friend who will always care
Damion, stand up and face this head on
lead the way and that path, i also be upon
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Game Change by Piper Brown )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
A Dream Within A Dream
Edgar Allan Poe
- Nice platform, hasmukh amathalal
- Mu jaha karibaku jauchhi (Odia), gajanan mishra
- What I am going to do, gajanan mishra
- It's My Lie, Leria Hawkins
- O, Believe! Yes, Believe!, Chris Schleier, Jr.
- The Best Is Yet To Come, Chris Schleier, Jr.
- Hope, Chris Schleier, Jr.
- Let the fire, gajanan mishra
- I Hear Her Singing, Chris Schleier, Jr.
- New Déjà Vu, Maharishi Deja Vu