Fried bread, Lord, who's still not; been fed.
Not me a little voice said…
Who said that? A park duck!
Or some hard luck Indian fatherless kid.
Eggs and bacon, God, is there, no!
Red ketchup or bake beans,
Hey kid get-up off your soiled knees.
After collecting that plastic garbage
With an iron-hook in a cardboard box
Whilst your mothers out selling her body,
With some pox-up jocks
Hey can we have some grilled tomatoes,
And black pudding and mushrooms on the side.
I'll have a coffee over here! It's rainy outside.
Hey child - you'll soon be a bride!
A suitor for you, shouldn't be hard to find…?
Let's tip the waitress boys, she so looks suppressed
Depressed - but at least she's got a uniform
And a collection-fund and a counsel house
And at the weekend she's pissed and jocund.
Hell I could eat another pork sausage!
Latter we'll go to The Nags Head
And even later still play some cribbage
The wife at home she can wait at home alone.
I've got the waitress to phone.
Mark Heathcote's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Full Breakfast by Mark Heathcote )
- keep slate clean, hasmukh amathalal
- The Holy Cross of Jesus Christ, Dr John Celes
- Love is a Liquid ~~~ vs.31, Monk E. Biz
- Love is a Liquid ~~~ vs.30, Monk E. Biz
- Love is a Liquid ~~~ vs.29, Monk E. Biz
- Love is a Liquid ~~~ vs.28, Monk E. Biz
- A profession, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Love is a Liquid ~~~ vs.27, Monk E. Biz
- 'Not mine', Elena Sandu
- Love is a Liquid ~~~ vs.26, Monk E. Biz
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
- Heather Burns
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Udiah (witness to Yah)