Lawrence S. Pertillar
From Those Heard Who 'Boo'
The retooling of minds,
Overtime steeped to marinate...
In the comfort of nonsense.
And too much foolishness,
That has become too stale...
Is without debate a waste of patience...
For those who have been asked,
To forget the past by grasping onto tasks...
That will assist those limited in consciousness,
To step up to the plate.
And at least attempt the faking,
Of hitting homeruns with a wanting it done.
Before the game 'they' play Is over!
With no empathy left from those heard who 'boo'.
Lawrence S. Pertillar's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (From Those Heard Who 'Boo' by Lawrence S. Pertillar )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
- Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
(22 August 1893 - 7 June 1967)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Christmas Trees, Robert Frost
- The Saddest Poem, Pablo Neruda
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- A Child's Christmas in Wales, Dylan Thomas
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou