Soumita Sarkar Ray
This relation keeps on growing
as long as the two ends are doting
thread by thread, bit by bit
every phase of a tug, a need
a hush here, a word there
a slice of smile ready to share.
Contempt and fear has no place
no end, no argument, no race;
beauty or creativity spells no magic
there is no place for reason or logic.
Two arms open bear unlimited love
search for trust in an open hub.
In the darkest ever corner of tear
they can kindle a glossy layer
fill it with joy, care and hope
ready to save when one is at slope.
Call this person a friend or buddy
a connection with no responsibility.
Soumita Sarkar Ray's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Friendship by Soumita Sarkar Ray )
- Time Flies, Tony Adah
- The Troika's Gone, sasha yarlexolnikov
- I Am as Dull as Everyday, Sara Fielder
- Vendémiaire Wednesdays, sasha yarlexolnikov
- Incandescent Drapes, sasha yarlexolnikov
- Stronghold: Macchu Picchu, Brandt Nightingale
- Friends, sasha yarlexolnikov
- Yes/No, Morgan Michaels
- Chibok Blues, Tony Adah
- Staged Fright, Luke J. Holt