Fragments - Lines 1341 - 1350
Alas, I am in love with a soft-skinned boy, who to all my friends
Reveals that this is true, though he does so against my will.
I shall endure without concealment the many outrages done in my despite,
For not ill-favored is the boy whose conquest I am shown to be.
The love of boys has given delight ever since Ganymede
Was loved by Kronos' son himself, king of the immortals,
Who seized and brought him up to Olympos and made him
Divine, possessing as he did the lovely bloom of boyhood.
So do not be amazed, Simonides, that I as well have been
Shown to be conquered by love for a handsome boy.
Theognis's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Fragments - Lines 1341 - 1350 by Theognis )
- Waiting On God, Tom Zart
- Eunuch, arshad arshad
- Messengers Of The Heart, Tom Zart
- Letting Go, Phil Soar
- bury this six feet under your eyelids, Mandolyn ...
- Alighting From Despair, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Life Is Awakened, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Island Grassland, George Egba
- BEWILDERED, Joseph Ndawula
- Desert Flowers, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- The Rose that Grew from Concrete, Tupac Shakur
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
- Heather Burns
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Udiah (witness to Yah)