Lawrence S. Pertillar
I'm so fired...
I can't get enough.
And filled with desire,
That keeps me strong...
With a feeling tough.
I'm not in the mood,
To accept that funky stuff!
My troubles have been minimized,
Since my eyes have been opened wide.
And my mind is no longer pre-occupied,
With a trying to run away from purpose...
I once denied.
I am fired up with a seeking to blaze,
On a path where excuse makers...
Have no choice but to get out of my way.
Lawrence S. Pertillar's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Fired Up by Lawrence S. Pertillar )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(30 December 1865 – 18 January 1936)
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Warning, Jenny Joseph
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- The Indian Serenade, Percy Bysshe Shelley
- A Poison Tree, William Blake
- Tonight I can write the saddest lines, Pablo Neruda
Poem of the Day
- o! she's gone away, Hrishikesh Bharadwaj
- Bombs, Stratis Havarti
- Harmony, Asit Kumar Sanyal
- Adnate to the Funicle, Robert Ronnow
- Lime-trees, Dr John Celes
- South Bronx, Robert Ronnow
- The Slow Dimension, Sare Sayidi
- Polar Bear Mugs Wino, Robert Ronnow
- Destiny! ! !, Amitava Sur
- Valentino's Victory Lap, Charles Hancock