The light flickered in her eyes.
She wanted to erase all the lies
She got a match and twirled around
Wishing everything would burn to the ground.
The flames were beautiful; it all starts with a spark,
And then the fire shall leave its everlasting mark.
Devouring everything she hates; all that brought her pain
The fire spread all over her world; the rain tries to stop it in vain.
The she loved the colors all around her; crimson, gold, silver, white,
Blue, orange, black; nothing in her world can fight
The strength of the fire; it’s called by many names;
Fear, Anger, Jealousy, Hate; you’ve heard of it, it’s grown in fame.
She laughs with tears in her eyes; oh how marvelous the sight!
Now everything in her life is burning so bright!
As the fire sang for her, she danced.
She danced to the rhythm of the songs of Pain,
She danced in the fire, not seeing her feet were in chains.
Bound to her thoughts; will no one help her see
That the fire won’t set her free?
Illusions in her mind told her fire would erase the lies
She didn’t see that fire was leading to her demise
She didn’t feel the fire’s bite; she’s numb to the pain
The fire had driven her insane!
When something opened up her eyes, she was too late
The fire consumed her; nothing was left except hate.
Sasha Varney's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Fire by Sasha Varney )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(June 27, 1936 - February 13, 2010)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
Mewlana Jalaluddin Rumi
(1207 - 1273)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
- Alone, Edgar Allan Poe
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Christmas Trees, Robert Frost
- The Three Kings, Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Christmas Carol, Sara Teasdale
- Talking Turkeys!, Benjamin Zephaniah
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- The Boy Who Laughed At Santa Claus, Ogden Nash
Poem of the Day
- A Thought A Head, Ima Ryma
- **कधी कधी **, Lyrics Swapnild Chatge
- ** सागं ना 2 **, Lyrics Swapnild Chatge
- ** अबोल भावना मनातल्या **, Lyrics Swapnild Chatge
- I am Not Alone, Sandra Feldman
- When the flower withers, Leong Ming Loong
- चादंण रात, Lyrics Swapnild Chatge
- The Scheme, Tony Adah
- The Worry, Leong Ming Loong
- जो अब तन्हा ही निकला तो, ज़माना साथ चलता है, Abhishek Omprakash Mishra