The light flickered in her eyes.
She wanted to erase all the lies
She got a match and twirled around
Wishing everything would burn to the ground.
The flames were beautiful; it all starts with a spark,
And then the fire shall leave its everlasting mark.
Devouring everything she hates; all that brought her pain
The fire spread all over her world; the rain tries to stop it in vain.
The she loved the colors all around her; crimson, gold, silver, white,
Blue, orange, black; nothing in her world can fight
The strength of the fire; it’s called by many names;
Fear, Anger, Jealousy, Hate; you’ve heard of it, it’s grown in fame.
She laughs with tears in her eyes; oh how marvelous the sight!
Now everything in her life is burning so bright!
As the fire sang for her, she danced.
She danced to the rhythm of the songs of Pain,
She danced in the fire, not seeing her feet were in chains.
Bound to her thoughts; will no one help her see
That the fire won’t set her free?
Illusions in her mind told her fire would erase the lies
She didn’t see that fire was leading to her demise
She didn’t feel the fire’s bite; she’s numb to the pain
The fire had driven her insane!
When something opened up her eyes, she was too late
The fire consumed her; nothing was left except hate.
Sasha Varney's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Fire by Sasha Varney )
- आबौ, Ronjoy Brahma
- Death's Breath, Justin Reamer
- MOTHER, Pankti Vadalia
- Dead Brother's Note to Our Dad, Donal Mahoney
- Uncertainty, Justin Reamer
- Silent Tears, Justin Reamer
- Zur Wiederkehr meines Todes, Wolfgang Steinmann
- We shall overcome someday...for Ferguson.., Chenou Liu
- Partnership, gajanan mishra
- The Hydrangea, Justin Reamer
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- My Love Is Like To Ice, Edmund Spenser
(July 15 1964)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- Heather Burns
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)