Augustus Montague Toplady
Father of Love, to Thee I Bend
Father of love, to thee I bend
My heart, and lift mine eyes;
O let my pray'r and praise ascend
As odours to the skies.
Thy pard'ning voice I come to hear,
To know thee as thou art:
Thy ministers can reach the ear,
But thou must touch the heart.
O stamp me in thy heav'nly mould,
And grant thy word appl'd
May bring forth fruit an hundred fold
And speak me justify'd.
Augustus Montague Toplady's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Father of Love, to Thee I Bend by Augustus Montague Toplady )
- Having Moments, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Gardener, Naveed Khalid
- On Valentine, Naveed Khalid
- Radiant Night, Lilly Emery
- Christmas Eve, Naveed Khalid
- Keyboards Of Inner Piety, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- You & I, Naveed Khalid
- Newton's Sleep, Naveed Khalid
- Isle Of Man, Naveed Khalid
- Daylight Sunrises, RoseAnn V. Shawiak