Farewell! ! !
The time has come for the ties to break,
Our eyes shall weep and our hearts shall ache,
The time has come for the friends to depart,
To move into the world, for lessons to impart,
To see new faces
To explore new hearts,
The world so wide waits for us, wait for us new men
So dear friend, let us walk out to water the shriveled gardens! ! !
Man and man meet for a day
A friendship new, like a fresh morning ray
It brings with it, mirth and gloom
This is what our lives say! ! !
Then comes the time, to depart, to leave
To leave behind the net of Love which one weaves.
Then is it not futile, to lament and weep
Though two souls separate, a fondness so deep.
Then rises the Sun again to show,
The way so long, the long way to go…
On my way might come several men,
Who might change like the swift seasons,
But the memories shall follow! ! ! !
ritwika raha's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Farewell! ! ! by ritwika raha )
- Moisture, Chideraza Lowell
- Bharatheeyakavitha, dr.k.g.balakrishnan kandangath
- Not A Sound, Tango Tango
- - People? - (Haiku), Joe Muschaweck
- 男人赋, qin xing
- Genetic Predisposition Towords Violence, Is It Poetry
- Wild Is The Churning Of The Winds, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Honesty, Nassy Fesharaki
- Do Not Be Serious, Kumarmani Mahakul
- 24/7, Lawrence S. Pertillar
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- On Turning Ten, Billy Collins
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- A Smile To Remember, Charles Bukowski
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
- Heather Burns
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(1886 - 1967)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(22 March 1941 -)