Farewell! ! !
The time has come for the ties to break,
Our eyes shall weep and our hearts shall ache,
The time has come for the friends to depart,
To move into the world, for lessons to impart,
To see new faces
To explore new hearts,
The world so wide waits for us, wait for us new men
So dear friend, let us walk out to water the shriveled gardens! ! !
Man and man meet for a day
A friendship new, like a fresh morning ray
It brings with it, mirth and gloom
This is what our lives say! ! !
Then comes the time, to depart, to leave
To leave behind the net of Love which one weaves.
Then is it not futile, to lament and weep
Though two souls separate, a fondness so deep.
Then rises the Sun again to show,
The way so long, the long way to go…
On my way might come several men,
Who might change like the swift seasons,
But the memories shall follow! ! ! !
ritwika raha's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Farewell! ! ! by ritwika raha )
- 'Samantha', Mpho Tsakata
- They do as they want, Nassy Fesharaki
- Oh, Dani, Mr. Spock
- The Day Will Come, Mitta Xinindlu
- Unrequited Love, Amber Carr
- Easy It Is To Forget, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Loving Is A Wish, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- just done, Rachelle Langley
- You Sheep I Blame, Rocky Wolfbanger
- Additament Amour Apier, Louis Borgo
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- The Raven, Edgar Allan Poe
- And Death Shall Have No Dominion, Dylan Thomas
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)