Farewell! ! !
The time has come for the ties to break,
Our eyes shall weep and our hearts shall ache,
The time has come for the friends to depart,
To move into the world, for lessons to impart,
To see new faces
To explore new hearts,
The world so wide waits for us, wait for us new men
So dear friend, let us walk out to water the shriveled gardens! ! !
Man and man meet for a day
A friendship new, like a fresh morning ray
It brings with it, mirth and gloom
This is what our lives say! ! !
Then comes the time, to depart, to leave
To leave behind the net of Love which one weaves.
Then is it not futile, to lament and weep
Though two souls separate, a fondness so deep.
Then rises the Sun again to show,
The way so long, the long way to go…
On my way might come several men,
Who might change like the swift seasons,
But the memories shall follow! ! ! !
ritwika raha's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Farewell! ! ! by ritwika raha )
- कुछ कह नहीं पाता, Aftab Alam
- Jadavpur University Campus A Heaven For .., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Friends and foes, gajanan mishra
- Out There, Fatima Nusairat
- Immortal world, gajanan mishra
- Soulful smile, ramesh rai
- Perfection, Donnie Wolff
- Defiled, gajanan mishra
- Be It Trivial And Mundane, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Every creature, gajanan mishra
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
- Heather Burns
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)