From behind the bars
I stand behind those brazen bars,
Of a dungeon in those ill famed towers,
A soldier once, but now a captive here I stand,
With the living remains of my native land! !
Embedded in my memory lane
How that day did craft with several men!
How blood quenched blood and made faces pale…
This war, like a rolling wheel, is a resurrecting tale.
My friends and I did tread through several miles,
With oozing hearts, yet virile
How the eyes looked mirror to the weighted souls
Like each man a Hero, in his native role.
Friends looked dearer and acquaintances friends
The last hours of life….the lost hours shall mend,
Friends and foes together shall sleep
The Stars and the Graves, all shall weep! !
Soon foes and friends faced again,
All armoured like me….all like my own,
All men of real flesh and bones,
Some sons to fathers, and some fathers to sons,
But all like carcass, with hollow emotions,
We all had come at the regime's call,
Victory or defeat, but shall be mankind's fall,
Sorrow being born of joy and joy from sorrow.
This night shall revel but it shall be day tomorrow…
It is the death and darkness, a battle's either sides! !
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (From behind the bars by ritwika raha )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
A Dream Within A Dream
Edgar Allan Poe
- Sleeping Summers Beauty, Doug Jones
- If William Carlos Williams Had Been Born.., W.B. Keckler
- When will heavens love ever decline us?, Mark Heathcote
- Winning Bee, Jayatissa Liyanage
- Is it Halloween tonight, Mark Heathcote
- Buzzing Bee, Jayatissa Liyanage
- Question Reality, Monk E. Biz
- The Caged, Poet Akinwemimo Idris
- Good Are All Nights, Poet Akinwemimo Idris
- DEADLY EB OLA VIRUS, Chinweokwu Sunlight M. Ndubu ..