No chirping bird,
No blooming rose,
Blew the captive wind
And smoke arose
Till the farthest length which the eyes perceived
Prevailed silence cause life reposed.
Neither flows the water, nor pours the rai, n
Nor shines the Sun where wrath slain men
Where envy governs heart and malice mutilates,
The arms of little children.
Where red streams of blood make runnels and flow,
And cut their paths through the sand
To curse those swords that slaughtered life,
And rewarded innocence with death, so profaned and low.
Where children and fire, embrace and play
Where darkness and devils overrule the day,
Where the crests of cherubs are adorned with coronets of thorns
To be slaughtered and mauled, are the young ones born.
This law does prevail on my little land,
This once was the beauty of a marvel by an artist's hand! !
The specter of which now just remains
A sin by brilliance and great brains! !
ritwika raha's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (My Valley by ritwika raha )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(c. 600 BCE)
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Tonight I can write the saddest lines, Pablo Neruda
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
Poem of the Day
- If only it were from me my Love, Hudhaifah Siyad
- Neither Hindugiri Nor Christiangiri Nor .., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Unbound, Nalini Jyotsana Chaturvedi
- The Mask We Wear, Is It Poetry
- Purified man, gajanan mishra
- Questioning Deity?, Frank James Ryan Jr...FjR
- Barack Obama And His comprehension of In.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Calculated Etchings, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Charity, Self-control and Mercy, gajanan mishra
- To Win Your Man's Heart, Valsa George