No chirping bird,
No blooming rose,
Blew the captive wind
And smoke arose
Till the farthest length which the eyes perceived
Prevailed silence cause life reposed.
Neither flows the water, nor pours the rai, n
Nor shines the Sun where wrath slain men
Where envy governs heart and malice mutilates,
The arms of little children.
Where red streams of blood make runnels and flow,
And cut their paths through the sand
To curse those swords that slaughtered life,
And rewarded innocence with death, so profaned and low.
Where children and fire, embrace and play
Where darkness and devils overrule the day,
Where the crests of cherubs are adorned with coronets of thorns
To be slaughtered and mauled, are the young ones born.
This law does prevail on my little land,
This once was the beauty of a marvel by an artist's hand! !
The specter of which now just remains
A sin by brilliance and great brains! !
ritwika raha's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (My Valley by ritwika raha )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Rightchoiceness, Tosin Abegunde
- Binding Echoes, F. J. Thomas
- Without Fail, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- a ReSoRt 2 rEtoRt and sum copy n paste, sEaN nOrTh
- In Lost Dreams, Lilly Emery
- The Present, Elizabeth Shield
- CRY OF THE GONE, Atimiwoaye Adetunji dayo
- I Wish, Poetry Love
- You Say, Leesaan Robertson
- Mr jekyll and Doctor hyde (advert for a .., lee fones