Adam M. Snow
Fall Of The Once Rising Knight
Let it be told of the rising knight, as if foretold
upon a shallow day, upon this advent of May.
A treacherous battle looming, roaring of bloodshed,
left a stronghold knight among the many dead; not he.
Stained upon the white he bore, now dripping red;
standing alone a victor nor a hero,
a man not, but none alone.
In the wake of the love that cast him out,
in the wage of war, bearing shadow of doubt;
Is he the coming of death, or just a man?
Cursed upon trials to weak to stand,
forever kneeling; forever bowing.
An eternity to embrace the fall of man,
corrupted by the hearts for which he stand.
A stronghold, now weak is he;
the fall of a once rising knight,
a victim was he, till his final fight.
A knight of white was he now bearing black,
overwhelmed by the creed and strife he lacked.
Surrendering to his demons, his soul he gave;
to be a king, yet to be a slave.
Until the following advent of May;
to be born the blackest of Knights and the fall of days.
The end of eternity begins with he.
Adam M. Snow's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Fall Of The Once Rising Knight by Adam M. Snow )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Tonight I can write the saddest lines, Pablo Neruda
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- O Captain! My Captain!, Walt Whitman
Poem of the Day
- Why are we here?, Sarah Ferguson
- Chocolate, Akhtar Jawad
- Lost child in my own home, Hudhaifah Siyad
- scale, Nisha K. Janine
- Truth stands, gajanan mishra
- If only it were from me my Love, Hudhaifah Siyad
- Neither Hindugiri Nor Christiangiri Nor .., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Unbound, Nalini Jyotsana Chaturvedi
- The Mask We Wear, Is It Poetry
- Purified man, gajanan mishra