Adam M. Snow
Fall Of The Once Rising Knight
Let it be told of the rising knight, as if foretold
upon a shallow day, upon this advent of May.
A treacherous battle looming, roaring of bloodshed,
left a stronghold knight among the many dead; not he.
Stained upon the white he bore, now dripping red;
standing alone a victor nor a hero,
a man not, but none alone.
In the wake of the love that cast him out,
in the wage of war, bearing shadow of doubt;
Is he the coming of death, or just a man?
Cursed upon trials to weak to stand,
forever kneeling; forever bowing.
An eternity to embrace the fall of man,
corrupted by the hearts for which he stand.
A stronghold, now weak is he;
the fall of a once rising knight,
a victim was he, till his final fight.
A knight of white was he now bearing black,
overwhelmed by the creed and strife he lacked.
Surrendering to his demons, his soul he gave;
to be a king, yet to be a slave.
Until the following advent of May;
to be born the blackest of Knights and the fall of days.
The end of eternity begins with he.
Adam M. Snow's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Fall Of The Once Rising Knight by Adam M. Snow )
- Indulgences, Jayatissa Liyanage
- From The Balcony, Heather Burns
- Ang undubai, Shri R Brahma
- 10 January 2014, Shri R Brahma
- October is next to September تشرين الاول.., MOHAMMAD SKATI
- October is next to September, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- I feel bored, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- 30 September 2014, Shri R Brahma
- Praise God for that Touchdown (only if Y.., Joe Rosochacki
- Mablaba baogargwn be jaya, Shri R Brahma
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Drownig in pink, Framarz Bagheri
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- Heather Burns
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)