Adam M. Snow
The Tyranny of Man
The infanticide of man,
who are we to decide the lives of infants
whom not born yet to see the greed of man?
Who are we to challenge life, yet to lose life itself?
Such irony is God we seek, is the God we banished;
yet we wonder why He has forsaken us:
Not He, but we have forsaken Him.
We tarnished the name for which man once stood,
all for power of a corrupted mind
and for money, the greatest sin of the Earth.
We threw away the sanctity of marriage,
the truth it once held;
casting out God's plan for that of man.
Love has no meaning, no truth but lies
it is corrupted by that of man.
So sad the greed this world now has,
the rich of man to rob the poor.
To love without a cost just for greed,
to find laughter in today's bloodshed,
oh how we are so blind to see,
we are the end of man;
the infanticide of the innocence of man,
a victim of our own misdeeds.
Adam M. Snow's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (The Tyranny of Man by Adam M. Snow )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
- Naveed Khalid
(1 January 1903 - 13 March 1976)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
Sir Walter Scott
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
- Christmas Trees, Robert Frost
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Exposure, Wilfred Owen
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Alone, Edgar Allan Poe
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Ring Out , Wild Bells, Alfred Lord Tennyson
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- A Visit from St. Nicholas, Clement Clarke Moore
Poem of the Day
- my high school poetry, Leila Hadi
- westnile, Leila Hadi
- With colors, gajanan mishra
- OBITUARY TO INNOCENTS (KILLED SCHOOL CHI.., shuvo chakraborty
- Trees, Leila Hadi
- No Name Necessary, Leila Hadi
- I Dream of Making Films, Md. Ziaul Haque
- I Still Miss You, Md. Ziaul Haque
- Eid, Md. Ziaul Haque
- Misunderstandings, Md. Ziaul Haque