Giuseppe Gioacchino Belli
ER ZAGRIFIZZIO D'ABBRAMO II (Abraham's Sacrifice 2)
Doppo fatta un boccon de colazzione
Partirno tutt'e quattro a giorno chiaro,
E camminorno sempre in orazzione
Pe quarche mijo ppiù der centinaro.
"Semo arrivati: alò", disse er vecchione,
"Incollete er fascetto, fijo caro",
Poi, vortannose in là, fece ar garzone:
"Aspettateme qui voi cor zomaro".
Saliva Isacco, e diceva: "Papà,
Ma diteme, la vittima indov'è"?
E lui j'arisponneva: "Un po' ppiù in là".
Ma quanno finarmente furno sù,
Strillò Abbramo ar fijolo: "Isacco, a tte,
Faccia a tterra: la vittima sei tu".
After having a little breakfast
All four of them left at dawn,
And walked in prayer
A bit further than one hundred miles.
"Here we are: come on", said the old man,
"Take the bundle, dear son",
Then, turning towards the servant, he told him:
"You wait here with the donkey".
While climbing, Isaac asked: "Daddy,
Tell me, where's the victim?"
And he answered: "A bit further on".
But when they finally reached the top,
Abraham cried to his son: "Isaac, it's up to you,
Lay face down: you are the victim".
Giuseppe Gioacchino Belli's Other Poems
Read poems about / on: son
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (ER ZAGRIFIZZIO D'ABBRAMO II (Abraham's Sacrifice 2) by Giuseppe Gioacchino Belli )
- Thief and poet, gajanan mishra
- Go on, Sweet Bird, and Soothe my Care, Robert Burns
- Second Epistle to J. Lapraik, Robert Burns
- The Soldier's Return: A Ballad, Robert Burns
- Epistle to Hugh Parker, Robert Burns
- Everlasting, Cee Bea
- Oh Daisy, Prophmatt . . .
- Versified Reply to an Invitation, Robert Burns
- Suppressed Stanzas of "The Vision&q.., Robert Burns
- mask, Aftab Alam
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- Leisure, William Henry Davies
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Being With You, Heather Burns
- Bright Star, John Keats
- As I Grew Older, Langston Hughes
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
- Heather Burns
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)