Debra Kay Robinson
Possessing the power and position,
to control everything;
and every one.
At the top of the food chain,
Destiny waiting to be claimed,
The Alpha of our world.
The pounding of clenched fists against bare chests.
Ready to face any challenge;
dominate the moment.
Standing as kings upon this earthly domain.
Mother Nature will waive her mama finger,
with less than gentle reminders.
Demonstrating her will.
the earth shakes.
Landscapes are transformed,
If only momentarily
Mankind succumbs to the realization
That certain things are bigger;
And more powerful
With the ability to exceed the limits
Of our mortal controls.
Those are the eventualities we plan for.
We pray we have done enough
To ensure we are ready.
For neighbors, family, friends, and strangers
We will respond.
Debra Kay Robinson's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Emergency Management by Debra Kay Robinson )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Poem to Some of My Recent Poems, James Tate
- Life is too Short for Love, Akhtar Jawad
- On the Subject of Doctors, James Tate
- Failed Tribute to the Stonemason of Tor .., James Tate
- A Wedding, James Tate
- I am not a religious and god centric:, binod bastola
- Call from Cupid, binod bastola
- A Vagabond, James Tate
- Wisdom or Behaviour!, Dr.V.K. Kanniappan
- Bright Pink Lipstick, Electric Lady