Debra Kay Robinson
Possessing the power and position,
to control everything;
and every one.
At the top of the food chain,
Destiny waiting to be claimed,
The Alpha of our world.
The pounding of clenched fists against bare chests.
Ready to face any challenge;
dominate the moment.
Standing as kings upon this earthly domain.
Mother Nature will waive her mama finger,
with less than gentle reminders.
Demonstrating her will.
the earth shakes.
Landscapes are transformed,
If only momentarily
Mankind succumbs to the realization
That certain things are bigger;
And more powerful
With the ability to exceed the limits
Of our mortal controls.
Those are the eventualities we plan for.
We pray we have done enough
To ensure we are ready.
For neighbors, family, friends, and strangers
We will respond.
Debra Kay Robinson's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Emergency Management by Debra Kay Robinson )
- At That Moment All Ugliness was Undone., Akhtar Jawad
- I Do Not Know Your Name, Elia Michael
- Poor Birds of Cage, Pius Didier
- Christmas Differences, Melissa Furey
- Celebration, Shruti Goswami
- Leave Behind, Shruti Goswami
- Unceremonious, Shruti Goswami
- Restful Nights, Margaret Moran
- Qwerty, Edward Kofi Louis
- Watch over The Laws, Edward Kofi Louis
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- A Child's Christmas in Wales, Dylan Thomas
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Dulce et Decorum Est, Wilfred Owen
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Rainer Maria Rilke
(4 December 1875 – 29 December 1926)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)