Debra Kay Robinson
Possessing the power and position,
to control everything;
and every one.
At the top of the food chain,
Destiny waiting to be claimed,
The Alpha of our world.
The pounding of clenched fists against bare chests.
Ready to face any challenge;
dominate the moment.
Standing as kings upon this earthly domain.
Mother Nature will waive her mama finger,
with less than gentle reminders.
Demonstrating her will.
the earth shakes.
Landscapes are transformed,
If only momentarily
Mankind succumbs to the realization
That certain things are bigger;
And more powerful
With the ability to exceed the limits
Of our mortal controls.
Those are the eventualities we plan for.
We pray we have done enough
To ensure we are ready.
For neighbors, family, friends, and strangers
We will respond.
Topic of this poem: miscellaneous
Debra Kay Robinson's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Emergency Management by Debra Kay Robinson )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
Poem of the Day
- Draw, Abby Sze
- They Will Be Playing Trick, Neela Nath
- you are not alone, jade mears
- Anti Bullying Poem, jade mears
- Bosses Week, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Musical toy, hasmukh amathalal
- Paper Hearts, Susan Lacovara
- Appreciating The Boss, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- A poem for paige, jade mears
- Angel, Brian J. Stafford