Debra Kay Robinson
Possessing the power and position,
to control everything;
and every one.
At the top of the food chain,
Destiny waiting to be claimed,
The Alpha of our world.
The pounding of clenched fists against bare chests.
Ready to face any challenge;
dominate the moment.
Standing as kings upon this earthly domain.
Mother Nature will waive her mama finger,
with less than gentle reminders.
Demonstrating her will.
the earth shakes.
Landscapes are transformed,
If only momentarily
Mankind succumbs to the realization
That certain things are bigger;
And more powerful
With the ability to exceed the limits
Of our mortal controls.
Those are the eventualities we plan for.
We pray we have done enough
To ensure we are ready.
For neighbors, family, friends, and strangers
We will respond.
Debra Kay Robinson's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Emergency Management by Debra Kay Robinson )
- The Real Me, Margaret Alice Second
- kiss me hardy, george albot
- When Will I Wake, Anirudh Rawat
- Silencio en ingles, Donnie Wolff
- Our Lewd Obscene and Vulgar Episodes, Hamid Vitalis
- Life, Anirudh Rawat
- If You Stop Loving Me, Fatima Nusairat
- Rain And The Shadows, Anirudh Rawat
- Beautiful Girl, Anirudh Rawat
- Someday, Ryan Telebwe
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- 1914 V: The Soldier, Rupert Brooke
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And Weep, Mary Elizabeth Frye
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Gray Room, Wallace Stevens
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1644 - 1694)
- Heather Burns
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
- Christina Georgina Rossetti
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)