Debra Kay Robinson
Possessing the power and position,
to control everything;
and every one.
At the top of the food chain,
Destiny waiting to be claimed,
The Alpha of our world.
The pounding of clenched fists against bare chests.
Ready to face any challenge;
dominate the moment.
Standing as kings upon this earthly domain.
Mother Nature will waive her mama finger,
with less than gentle reminders.
Demonstrating her will.
the earth shakes.
Landscapes are transformed,
If only momentarily
Mankind succumbs to the realization
That certain things are bigger;
And more powerful
With the ability to exceed the limits
Of our mortal controls.
Those are the eventualities we plan for.
We pray we have done enough
To ensure we are ready.
For neighbors, family, friends, and strangers
We will respond.
Debra Kay Robinson's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Emergency Management by Debra Kay Robinson )
- The Futility Of Illusions, Bazi alis Subrata Ray
- Tour of Autumn, Cathy Hodgson
- The ache, DEEPAK KUMAR PATTANAYAK
- Ein schmaler Streifen kahler Klippen, Wolfgang Steinmann
- We've Got to Tear These Fences Down Yeah!, David Clinch
- It's My Home, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- In the Sun's Falsetto, Kewayne Wadley
- A Poem, David Clinch
- Caught In the Crossfire, David Clinch
- Lonnie Donegan Stood, David Clinch
Poem of the Day
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
- Heather Burns
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)
Udiah (witness to Yah)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)