Waltz For Zizi
'The mystical kiss of my persian queen
and the elegance of her scent
dances with me, like a flower that dances with the sun
at the banquet of giants.
Even now you touch me.'
As there are no more words to travel between us
not even a 'hello'
and as the world fails to bury me, under it's apocalypse,
the freckled moon shows her face once again
in this average night,
showering spears of silver above my bowed and lonely head
for she knows the murderer, still dwells in the recess of my mind.
Building my citadel of love around you
I've shielded you from my rational self, and now
your untouchable red lips become the room of torture
in which you prefer me to be.
'Evicting my love out of her heart
in the eve of christmas,
this girl is a masterpiece more than a tragedy.'
Waltz For Zizi's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (...Ella's Labyrinth by Waltz For Zizi )
Did you read them?
- Epistle to the Rev. John M'Math, Robert Burns
- Lord Gregory: A Ballad, Robert Burns
- The Winter it is Past, Robert Burns
- NIT jalandhar diyan galan(punjai), jagmeet singh
- Epistle to William Simson, Robert Burns
- Farewell to Eliza, Robert Burns
- The Kirk of Scotland's Alarm: A Ballad, Robert Burns
- Impromptu on Dumourier's Desertion of th.., Robert Burns
- I Love my Love in Secret, Robert Burns
- Impromptu on Mrs. Riddell's Birthday, Robert Burns
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Emmonsail's Heath in Winter, John Clare
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Best Friend (In Hindi), Tavneet Singh
- The Frog and The Nightingale, Vikram Seth
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- A Poison Tree, William Blake
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(13 February 1879 - 2 March 1949)
- Heather Burns
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)