Waltz For Zizi
'The mystical kiss of my persian queen
and the elegance of her scent
dances with me, like a flower that dances with the sun
at the banquet of giants.
Even now you touch me.'
As there are no more words to travel between us
not even a 'hello'
and as the world fails to bury me, under it's apocalypse,
the freckled moon shows her face once again
in this average night,
showering spears of silver above my bowed and lonely head
for she knows the murderer, still dwells in the recess of my mind.
Building my citadel of love around you
I've shielded you from my rational self, and now
your untouchable red lips become the room of torture
in which you prefer me to be.
'Evicting my love out of her heart
in the eve of christmas,
this girl is a masterpiece more than a tragedy.'
Waltz For Zizi's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (...Ella's Labyrinth by Waltz For Zizi )
- The Sun Has Collapsed, Naveed Akram
- Auto-bond, gajanan mishra
- Rush race, gajanan mishra
- Brothers, Nassy Fesharaki
- I Understand, michael walkerjohn
- Knowledge is a must, gajanan mishra
- BOUND BY YOUR OWN CHAINS (Release of Fre.., michael walkerjohn
- Flight of Chance, michael walkerjohn
- A Patch of Earth under a Thatch of Sky , John Tansey
- Genuine The Gift, Lawrence S. Pertillar
Poem of the Day
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- It Is the Hour, George Gordon Byron
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Let Me Die A Youngman's Death, Roger McGough
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1927)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Rainer Maria Rilke
(4 December 1875 – 29 December 1926)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)