Waltz For Zizi
I won't write of love anymore.
I won't write of you, because I think I've said it all,
and it's becoming unhealthy
this dream of you.
It's already winter and I wouldn't even noticed it,
if it wasn't for these fat people with white beards and red clothes.
Didn't I tell you not to make me fall in love with you!
The last words I write you,
I belive are these.
There are too many men that want you,
for me to fight alone
in this loveless war.
My giants are fighting
but the love you had for your heroes
makes them invincible.
I have swallowed your pain,
I have called you bride,
but it wasn't enough to surpass
the flaws you saw in me.
The world can go to hell,
it was only you that I cared.
And I hope to meet you again someday,
in the world that we deserve,
the world of cloudless love,
where my dreams are more than dreams.
I do love you, but I'm not a begger.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (11111987 by Waltz For Zizi )
Did you read them?
- Gentle Laughter, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- PH: Nature: Canoeing the Mississippi #5, Brian Johnston
- Existence Of An Only Time, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Diwali..., DRASHI SHAH
- Season And Interest, George Egba
- Heart Turned To Stone, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Flying October, Vinaya Joseph
- অলস কবি, Yakub Ali
- Intimately Caressed, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- চান যা পাবেন তা!, Md. Ziaul Haque
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- A Drinking Song, William Butler Yeats
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Alfred Lord Tennyson
(6 August 1809 – 6 October 1892)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
- Heather Burns
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)