Alan Bruce Thompson
Nietsche did not kill God, and Nietsche is dead,
Did these less than philosophical ideas run through his head?
To ridicule a myth is no difficult task,
But all they have done is to remove a mask.
Why are those so proud who threw God out?
With what did they replace him? With EGO they tout!
That's a sad truth, for without belief nothing's there,
To find your salvation, you will need to learn to care.
Whether you find God now may be your luck in Life,
It is said that belief can carry you through all of life's strife.
You should not fear God because SHe does not fear you,
Belief in a power greater than ourself may be what we need to carry us through.
We replaced God with electronics in our self-styled epod,
I am more almighty than SHe, you may call me EGOD.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Egod by Alan Bruce Thompson )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Ella Wheeler Wilcox
(5 November 1850 - 30 October 1919)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(13 July 1793 – 20 May 1864)
(October 13th 1990)
(13-7-31 (see reverse))
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1320 – 1392)
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- O Captain! My Captain!, Walt Whitman
- I Am the Only Being Whose Doom, Emily Jane Brontë
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Tiger, William Blake
Poem of the Day
- The Miraculous Escape of Robert Allan, t.., Max Plowman
- The Battle of Sheriffmuir, Max Plowman
- General Gordon, the Hero of Khartoum, Max Plowman
- Limerick-73, DEEPAK KUMAR PATTANAYAK
- MOTHER, KASINIVENTHAN MUTHURAMALINGAM
- The Monkey, Asit Kumar Sanyal
- Krampus, Ima Ryma
- For My Love, Sandra Feldman
- I love To Run, Patrick Sant
- My Exploding Stomach, RUBAB ATWAL