Alan Bruce Thompson
Nietsche did not kill God, and Nietsche is dead,
Did these less than philosophical ideas run through his head?
To ridicule a myth is no difficult task,
But all they have done is to remove a mask.
Why are those so proud who threw God out?
With what did they replace him? With EGO they tout!
That's a sad truth, for without belief nothing's there,
To find your salvation, you will need to learn to care.
Whether you find God now may be your luck in Life,
It is said that belief can carry you through all of life's strife.
You should not fear God because SHe does not fear you,
Belief in a power greater than ourself may be what we need to carry us through.
We replaced God with electronics in our self-styled epod,
I am more almighty than SHe, you may call me EGOD.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Egod by Alan Bruce Thompson )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Confirmation, Yuliy Valenko
- The bee Haiku, Sambanath Denis
- The Slight And Sorry Words, Sambanath Denis
- On A Painting, Sambanath Denis
- The Day Your Mother Kept For You, mary douglas
- Leaving For Okinawa In The Morning, Kyle Schlicher
- Into Your Eyes, Spiritwind Wood
- What You Thought I Thought You Thought, Dexsta Ray
- Cactus Flower, Midnights Voice
- Sacrifice, Nassy Fesharaki