Alan Bruce Thompson
Nietsche did not kill God, and Nietsche is dead,
Did these less than philosophical ideas run through his head?
To ridicule a myth is no difficult task,
But all they have done is to remove a mask.
Why are those so proud who threw God out?
With what did they replace him? With EGO they tout!
That's a sad truth, for without belief nothing's there,
To find your salvation, you will need to learn to care.
Whether you find God now may be your luck in Life,
It is said that belief can carry you through all of life's strife.
You should not fear God because SHe does not fear you,
Belief in a power greater than ourself may be what we need to carry us through.
We replaced God with electronics in our self-styled epod,
I am more almighty than SHe, you may call me EGOD.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Egod by Alan Bruce Thompson )
- Eternal Spirits, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Waiting On God, Tom Zart
- Eunuch, arshad arshad
- Messengers Of The Heart, Tom Zart
- Letting Go, Phil Soar
- bury this six feet under your eyelids, Mandolyn ...
- Alighting From Despair, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Life Is Awakened, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Island Grassland, George Egba
- BEWILDERED, Joseph Ndawula
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- The Rose that Grew from Concrete, Tupac Shakur
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
- Heather Burns
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Udiah (witness to Yah)