Christina Georgina Rossetti
Come to me in the silence of the night;
Come in the speaking silence of a dream;
Come with soft rounded cheeks and eyes as bright
As sunlight on a stream;
Come back in tears,
O memory, hope, love of finished years.
O dream how sweet, too sweet, too bitter sweet,
Whose wakening should have been in Paradise,
Where souls brimfull of love abide and meet;
Where thirsting longing eyes
Watch the slow door
That opening, letting in, lets out no more.
Yet come to me in dreams, that I may live
My very life again though cold in death:
Come back to me in dreams, that I may give
Pulse for pulse, breath for breath:
Speak low, lean low
As long ago, my love, how long ago.
Christina Georgina Rossetti's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Echo by Christina Georgina Rossetti )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
Did you read them?
- Brel2, David McLansky
- Untouched, Pradip Chattopadhyay
- Being Enriched, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- If we meet again, Mellinda Aimee Jajalla
- Wondering How To Find Conclusions, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- My Luna ii, binod bastola
- Killings! Killings!, Udaya R. Tennakoon
- Long ago and far away., richard harris
- in memory of my first and last love, LUZAAN de Bruyn
- A Pair Of Messy Birds (Fun Poem 158), David Harris