Christina Georgina Rossetti
Come to me in the silence of the night;
Come in the speaking silence of a dream;
Come with soft rounded cheeks and eyes as bright
As sunlight on a stream;
Come back in tears,
O memory, hope, love of finished years.
O dream how sweet, too sweet, too bitter sweet,
Whose wakening should have been in Paradise,
Where souls brimfull of love abide and meet;
Where thirsting longing eyes
Watch the slow door
That opening, letting in, lets out no more.
Yet come to me in dreams, that I may live
My very life again though cold in death:
Come back to me in dreams, that I may give
Pulse for pulse, breath for breath:
Speak low, lean low
As long ago, my love, how long ago.
Christina Georgina Rossetti's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Echo by Christina Georgina Rossetti )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
Did you read them?
- I Am A Robot, You Are A Robot And We Two.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- 42, Angela Khristin Brown
- Heebie-jeebie, lee fones
- Street Urchin, Babatunde Aremu
- Shake Loose my Skin, Angela Khristin Brown
- Street Culture, Angela Khristin Brown
- 1969, Angela Khristin Brown
- Reap & Sow, Angela Khristin Brown
- Save The Girl Child Of India, Bijay Kant Dubey
- Martin Luther King Jr., Angela Khristin Brown