A lone wolf howls
into the night.
Five wolves hear his cry
and venture across the dark ground.
Theirs is a concert of
alternating howls. A man
alone listens. He knows
this earth music. Always
he is attentive to it.
He is patient as their
howls crisscross distances.
Even in his sleep, he is awake,
counting the measures
of the animal noise,
turning it into the concerto
that makes all flesh on earth one spirit.
Daniel Brick's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Earth Music by Daniel Brick )
Did you read them?
- how far can i go on?, fareeha ghafoor
- I came to you, Gert Strydom
- The days that are past, Gert Strydom
- When morning is BEST, Antonio Liao
- clear color, Howard MacDougall
- A festival...., PARTHA SARATHI PAUL
- A Young Boy, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- GOD'S COMMAND, Tom Zart
- ages, Howard MacDougall
- Wellness doubt, Antonio Liao