Dreams Or Nightmares
I enjoy escaping this world and it’s reality,
At night when I go to bed and then off to sleep,
In which there is not hate or hunger or brutality,
As away from my mind that reality I do I sweep.
I close my eyes and then I escape in a trance,
To the place where happiness and joy is the theme,
I am happy and in love as I have found a new romance,
But, to arrive there, I must first dream.
I enjoy taking a nap when I am on a break,
So, that I can escape once again into a dream,
Where I have no worries, I truly hate being awake,
While dreaming, I am not weak or poor, but supreme.
Some people will say that I am dreaming my life away,
But, then my dreams our mine and they are not theirs,
While being awake I am no one, but everyone’s prey,
So, I would rather dream than to have my nightmares.
Randy L. McClave
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Dreams Or Nightmares by Randy McClave )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Nemesis, Nalini Chaturvedi
- When I Cut Your lawn, Malcolm Brown
- death, Omobude Saint perry
- So U Wannabe A Holy Cow, Boy, sEaN nOrTh
- In Between, Omobude Saint perry
- Fetching a Raindrop, Masharia kanyari
- my death, Omobude Saint perry
- Midnight's Rain, Khairul Ahsan
- Seamless Transition, Doug Blair
- To Be Continued, Vincent Topp