Dreaming Fruitfully Like A Flower Highbred
Quite simply, we gardeners plan ahead.
Dreaming fruitfully like a flower highbred.
What next; might rise out of the bed?
Shaking, its white frothy, button gold head.
It’s a heaven we’re planning, full of virtue.
And nothing but nothing less will—do!
So, yes—disappointment reigns.
As we view and extend our terrains.
But people stop in awe… and ponder…
What godly hand what godly creature.
Tilled this earth, rounded it at every corner.
People stop in awe… as they wonder…
Who was it, without a single footprint?
Trod this clay, and left not a single dint.
Knocked not but one single dewdrop off…
The Alchemilla Mollis, Lady’s Mantle, ‘quaff’…
“It’s me the gardener behind the water trough,
I’m friends with butterflies, and also a show-off.
Mark Heathcote's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Dreaming Fruitfully Like A Flower Highbred by Mark Heathcote )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- one hundred and twenty two miles, days, .., Mandolyn ...
- July 31,2014, Erica Borges
- Where Did It Go To?, Brian Johnston
- The Unapologetic Apology To My Mother (A.., Maurice Harris
- she is fading and then the night swallow.., RIC S. BASTASA
- Everything is yours, RIC S. BASTASA
- The Leg Of A Lamb, Saiom Shriver
- A Task To Master, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Find Me, Amanda Houston
- looking at the universe in our very call.., RIC S. BASTASA