Mohammad Jahoorul Islam
Don't regret then!
A group of people once were walking through a valley of rocks
They heard a voice from the sky
'Whoever picks up any rocks will regret it, and whoever doesn't pick up any rocks will also regret it'
The group was confused!
Some picked up rocks while others didn't!
The next morning when the group woke up:
Those who picked up rocks found out that their rocks had transformed into diamonds!
Those who didn't pick up rocks deep in regret that they didn't have any diamonds!
While those who did pick up rocks were also regretful that they didn't pick up more!
We will all stand on the Day of Judgment in regret:
Those that have done nothing will be regretful!
While those who have done some will regret they didn't do more!
Let’s start Good Deeds Right Now!
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Don't regret then! by Mohammad Jahoorul Islam )
- Faith Is Our Refuge, Tom Zart
- Haiku 'Grace', miken newman
- The Preaching Of The Cross, Tom Zart
- Hanging By A Thread, Dexsta Ray
- Vampire Talk, Bruce Larkin
- Learning, Loving, Working, Teaching & Pp.., Tom Zart
- A Monster's Mom Says Good Night, Bruce Larkin
- Quick To Scream Your Failures But They M.., Dexsta Ray
- Foul Fowl~, Nika McGuin
- The Jackalope Man Is Outgoing, Bruce Larkin
Poem of the Day
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)