Does the hummingbird know best?
There’s a banquet table
So big, and so, high
It leaves us mindful
…That the floor is a pigsty.
Hummingbird on the wind
Flutter; just suspend…
Note not flowers pinned.
Why, now then descend?
Their roots are clay-bound
You’re caught in the dream
That leaves hearts dumfound.
“We can only esteem”…
“You believe the flower
Is heavenly, and why not.
When its milky chowder
Propels you; slingshot”…
Feeds your every fibre!
Mark Heathcote's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Does the hummingbird know best? by Mark Heathcote )
- Whats Wrong With Me, jasmine paul
- Empty Skies, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- wholesome girl, Brit Thompson
- An Indian English Poet, His Father Was N.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- On The Way Down, Shalom Freedman
- Beyond Beautiful, greg paul
- Winterchill, Richard Provencher
- Jungle of the English Language, Ken e Hall
- I was Dreaming, Oduro Bright Amoh
- puzzle, kkc bba