Does the hummingbird know best?
There’s a banquet table
So big, and so, high
It leaves us mindful
…That the floor is a pigsty.
Hummingbird on the wind
Flutter; just suspend…
Note not flowers pinned.
Why, now then descend?
Their roots are clay-bound
You’re caught in the dream
That leaves hearts dumfound.
“We can only esteem”…
“You believe the flower
Is heavenly, and why not.
When its milky chowder
Propels you; slingshot”…
Feeds your every fibre!
Mark Heathcote's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Does the hummingbird know best? by Mark Heathcote )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Beautiful Nubian Goddess, Lore Me34
- Hind haiku (26-30), S.D. TIWARI
- Empathizing With Their Grievances, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Almost timeless, Gert Strydom
- #obamanation, A.j. Binash
- She broke in to me, Gert Strydom
- Fettered Birds By Bijay Kant Dubey, Bijay Kant Dubey
- Flash Fiction, Jose Armando Guzman
- Age-erasing Strategy .... [PERSONAL GRO.., Bri Edwards
- Thoughts, Alfred Barna