Do The Math
This is for all the plus-sized folk who battle with the scale;
who time and time again have been on diets that have failed.
You confront people who feel obligated to advise
on all the negative aspects connected to your size.
But none of your detractors seem to ever have a clue
how all those hurtful things they say affect people like you.
Just who exactly is it that determines how we should
fill out the clothes we wear so that the world says we look good?
I mean, if one just does the math, it's likely they will find
that big-boned folk are daily leaving skinny folk behind.
With so many Americans defined as "overweight, "
perhaps it's time the definition be brought up to date.
Because it won't be long from now till sympathy is felt
for that poor thing perched over there who's so grotesquely svelte.
William Chaplar's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Do The Math by William Chaplar )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Missing An Award Ceremony, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Weeping Under The Rain, Tony Adah
- EVEN More Cosmic Than That~~~, Monk E. Biz
- No Place Nation, Xavier Cole
- Dream Another Dream, Xavier Cole
- CITY OF LOVE 10 WORD, Beryl Dov
- Polyamory, Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- HEARTBREAK 10 WORD, Beryl Dov
- Multiple children, Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- If I Had a Voice, Lee Gelis